• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun fact of the day ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun fact of the day ...

Trucking rates locally just went up 15% , due to carbon tax.
    Can’t blame the truckers , but as many of us said we are going to not only pay canon tax on many things , we will also get stuck paying others carbon tax
    All while our markets are in the tank .... thank a liberal 👎👎👎👎

As farmers we are going to pay exponentially for this carbon tax scam
    Ralph... you are a flat out lying POS

Comment

Not a lie to him if he believes it.
      But really, do politicians believe anything. Or just repeat what they're told

Comment

The tax is so effective that we are now well below normal for temperatures here for the summer we never got. Praise the liberals for my late late crops and my yearlings getting pneumonia from the constant cold rains.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Can’t blame the truckers...........
          Or maybe you can? The carbon tax implemented April 1st on diesel was I believe 6.3c/litre. I remember the gas better it was 4.4c/litre yet the price at my local pump jumped overnight by 12c to $1.26/litre. Gas from the same pump would cost me $1.10 today. There is no logical correlation between a tax increase of 6.3c/litre on diesel in April and a 15% increase in trucking rates in August. The unpopularity of a carbon tax is a convenient ruse for trucking companies and fuel suppliers to increase their bottom lines.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            Or maybe you can? The carbon tax implemented April 1st on diesel was I believe 6.3c/litre. I remember the gas better it was 4.4c/litre yet the price at my local pump jumped overnight by 12c to $1.26/litre. Gas from the same pump would cost me $1.10 today. There is no logical correlation between a tax increase of 6.3c/litre on diesel in April and a 15% increase in trucking rates in August. The unpopularity of a carbon tax is a convenient ruse for trucking companies and fuel suppliers to increase their bottom lines.
            I don’t care what math you use , the end of the day it’s going to get passed down to the lowest guy on the totem pole .... is farmers . There is absolutely no way to pass this cost on , we are the bottom of the food chain . You can try to spin it any way you want , bottom line is farmers will have to eat everyone else’s carbon tax

Comment

The logical reason is that they held rates till the new crop year now
              It was not some magic date grass . Do you just argue points to make yourself feel better ?

Comment

RM taxes increased partly due to CARBON TAX on fuel, transportation...suggested that was on a sign at the office, to add fuel to LIEBERAL/TURDO hatred!

Comment

The logical reason is that they held rates till the new crop year now
                  It was not some magic date grass . Do you just argue points to make yourself feel better ?
                  No, I challenge things that look wrong to me - like this post. Isn't it the case that diesel is cheaper now than it was in the first week of April?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    No, I challenge things that look wrong to me - like this post. Isn't it the case that diesel is cheaper now than it was in the first week of April?
                    So do I ,and like many others who are going to be directly effected by carbon tax , it looks wrong that we will have to absorb everyone else’s carbon tax costs . Not only does it look it is wrong considering the cabin tax will do nothing to help the environment because every one can just pass those costs down to the farmer. They will not change there habits because it basically cost no industry anything , just farmers and consumers to a lesser extent
                    Last edited by furrowtickler; Aug 27, 2019, 12:32.

Comment

Now we know exactly why big business including oil companies are jumping on the global warming carbon tax. It's because of higher profits that nobody can really complain about. after all if it saves just one polar bear it must be worth it.

Comment

Can’t blame the truckers , but as many of us said we are going to not only pay canon tax on many things , we will also get stuck paying others carbon tax
                        All while our markets are in the tank .... thank a liberal 👎👎👎👎
                        15% is a bit stiff...

At ~10,000L/mth that's an added cost of say $537 at $20/mT per month.

On $20,000 gross monthly earnings, you would now need $20,537, or 1.027% more to be on the same footing.

Obviously im just taking the fuel into account and not the increased cost of everything else like tires, equipment, parts as the tax works it's way through the system... but 15% is stiff.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          15% is a bit stiff...

At ~10,000L/mth that's an added cost of say $537 at $20/mT per month.

On $20,000 gross monthly earnings, you would now need $20,537, or 1.027% more to be on the same footing.

Obviously im just taking the fuel into account and not the increased cost of everything else like tires, equipment, parts as the tax works it's way through the system... but 15% is stiff.
                          Your last paragraph is exactly the big picture .... all of that is getting passed down , it’s not just fuel .........
                          for those who don’t get it ...

Comment

Even if $537 seems trivial, it's still a $6,000+ hit that has to come from somewhere every year...

And for those who advocate for a carbon tax that will have an impact on climate change, you really shouldn't sell it by saying you wont hardly notice it...

Either it's small enough to be trivial, or big enough to have an actual impact. It cant be both of those things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              And for those who advocate for a carbon tax that will have an impact on climate change, you really shouldn't sell it by saying you wont hardly notice it...

Either it's small enough to be trivial, or big enough to have an actual impact. It cant be both of those things at the same time.
                              No different than the discussion Chuck and I keep having. He claims renewables are way cheaper than reliables, which is why their installation will increase going forward. Then in the next breath, claims that power rates are only going to go up sharply(and no doubt they are and will, thanks to the additional unreliables), which will make his solar panels cost effective. Can't have it both ways.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...