• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Come No One Is Talking About Canola Yields?????????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Come No One Is Talking About Canola Yields?????????

crops looked as good here as anywhere and yet yield is down 15-20% from last year
    Acres are way down
    Lots is froze
    But you do not talk about that

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    crops looked as good here as anywhere and yet yield is down 15-20% from last year
    Acres are way down
    Lots is froze
    But you do not talk about that
    I ve tried to bring that up a number of times but then someone brings up theirs was 50. Some of our s looked 25 is going 15 because the green all froze and some ripe shelled within the same field this is happenning everywhere. Not to mention I know thousands of acres are under snow standing and swathed. That can’t help I don’t think.

Comment

Yea that is one quiet topic. Even on twitter or Facebook not one person is showing yields. Just look here I’m harvesting.

For us yield is zero since it’s under a snow blanket for next year.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	257DA077-2C05-4AF8-8C31-6B34B89845B4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	768968Click image for larger version

Name:	AAEED792-BD13-4383-A651-59B18E10EE83.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	768969
        Ours were as nice as they get
        50 bpa is gonna be as rare as hens teeth

Comment

I think the lack of talk is because most people haven't got to their canola yet.

Comment

Started canola last Wednesday before the rain and though yield was alright it was nothing like last several years. I’d think it’s 10% lower. Enough fields were still getting whacked down a week ago. It’ll be a wonder if it’ll be ready at all. My stuff has been down for 3 1/2 weeks at least. No green and dry till this bs weather. I’m not in too big a hurry to sell. The way it’s going China will be less a worry than filling markets we have.

Comment

I traveled north and best I seen anyplace.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                I traveled north and best I seen anyplace.

How long ago was that?

Comment

The shitty dry areas will slightly better , the average areas will be close to average, the good areas as pointed out will be below expectations.
                  But overall not anywhere even close to what the market thinks
                  Northern areas froze , dry areas will have high green counts ....
                  my prediction is 20% lower overall from July expected and much lower grades

Comment

The hurricane winds yesterday didn't help, driving around today, a lot of shelling in the top third of some standing, even shelling on some of the swathed canola.

Comment

That was first week August.

Comment

Haven’t got to ours yet. I’ll let you know in April when we get back in the fields

Comment

There is a pile of standing canola in our area that is pitch green, it will be garbage.

Comment

Earlier swathed pivots were decent yields.
                            Now standing Canola left to straight cut is flat under a foot of snow.
                            Last edited by Farmfleury; Sep 30, 2019, 15:02.

Comment

Don't worry, the Industry's magic calculator will make sure there is more than enough to keep prices in check.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...