• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Come No One Is Talking About Canola Yields?????????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m also trying to get the yield on that field Sasky. That was a fantastic looking crop and looked like no scherzo when i seen it. Anybody else know anything about it, approximately 1 mile south of Colette, east side of the highway.

Comment

Not just canola yields canary lentils flax and peas are garbage many places.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        I traveled north and best I seen anyplace.

I know that field , south of Nipawin, right ?
        If it is it never made 50 either , talked to him

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Don't worry, the Industry's magic calculator will make sure there is more than enough to keep prices in check.
          Tell that to these grain co’s that cant fill their canola train lol

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
            I’m also trying to get the yield on that field Sasky. That was a fantastic looking crop and looked like no scherzo when i seen it. Anybody else know anything about it, approximately 1 mile south of Colette, east side of the highway.
            Went by that field today.

Combines still sitting there but I think it was finished.

Haven't heard anything on that field but most of early indications are as Caseih says.

Good but not as good as last yr.

Comment

It’s funny that a bunch noticed the exact same field it looked amazing. Nothing in sask I seen came close. I stopped looked and even looked at pods. Not a 80 acre or breaking or plot, I think 320 acres.

But of course the experts know more than real farmers.

Comment

I thought we weren't supposed to talk yield on here? You know everyone is reading.

Comment

Here in the Ghetto we keep our expectations low......less disappointment that way and more pleasant "small" surprises.

Sincerely;
                  The Sandbox Farmer from the Slum of the Ghetto!

Sometimes I fantasize about farming thrice as much land that's twice as good as ours.....then I could live (and work) like Saskfarmer 1,2 and 3 or whatever, oh oh oh....I mean the "Jolly Green Giant" HO HO HO..... Nah, being the "Little Green SPROUT" really suits me this year!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sprout.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	768976Click image for larger version

Name:	722288-14597473406711524_origin.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	768975

Comment

At the end of the day it’s about your net returns , not about super yields or how much you farm . It’s about what one gets out of the area you do farm given your environmental conditions for that given year .
                    Some guys will make more off 40 bus than others off 60 ... it’s all relative

Comment

35-40 bpa canary at $15/bu will fit the bill quite nicely !

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        At the end of the day it’s about your net returns , not about super yields or how much you farm . It’s about what one gets out of the area you do farm given your environmental conditions for that given year .
                        Some guys will make more off 40 bus than others off 60 ... it’s all relative
                        So fricken true.

Comment

Agreed then, DON"T tell, could make other farmers cry, Markets will go DOWN. Everyone say... disappointed, way less than last year, or hailed out, dried out, froze out. Ours got eaten by beetles and cutworms. Make them sweat bullets.
                          USDA f cked up again in today's release with their GUESSES!

Comment

Ya sometimes to get that extra 5 or 6 bushels you have to spend that extra 5 or 6 bushels.

Comment

Look at the new seed price these companies are planning to try to sell us Canola at for 2020.

Like WTF 900 a bag. **** YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                Look at the new seed price these companies are planning to try to sell us Canola at for 2020.

Like WTF 900 a bag. **** YOU.
                                At todays prices thats 9 BPA just for the seed.....Little wonder the cereal breeders want in on the scam with a seed tax....

Will it perform better in the snow?????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...