• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pumpkin night

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pumpkin night

Quick poll

How many kids do you expect tonight?
    Based off the past 5 years or so there’ll be none unless my brother brings his kids from 20 miles away. When I was a kid there was 30 kids or so that’d show up. Nobody hardly left in the neighbourhood here.

Curious what others find.

Kids carving pumpkins at the school last Friday.

None. Farm kids head to town. Carbon tax kills it for the parents. No more driving around the farm country for a few aero bars. Town is where the goods are.

Thanks to the sugar beet farmers!!!!

Comment

Haven’t got a single kid in 11 years.

Comment

More than ever around here. All the farmsteads that were abandoned ( and then some) when I was a kid have a new house on them now. Probably 20 plus most years.

Comment

None around here - wife still buys in some candy "just in case" which works for me as I get to eat it!

Comment

Under 10.

Comment

Zero in the Ghetto.

They're scared of coming into the Slum.

No grandkids to spoil yet either.

Comment

My first thought was this was going to be a thread about dating on the Culuny.

Comment

Usually none here.

Comment

Candy is ready but not sure if any one will come. When i was young there must have been around 20 of us around here that would go out. Then when my kids would go it was down to about 10. Now most of the local kids are to too old and have moved on and not really any younger ones around.

Comment

I expected close to a 100 but so far its really being a slow evening. To cold?

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        I expected close to a 100 but so far its really being a slow evening. To cold?
                        shock over losing fat ralph , possibly ?

Comment

Seven and probably all done.

The farthest family is about seven miles away.

Comment

None in 20 years and hope never again. Little solicitors. At least with Jehovah's Witnesses I tell them to **** off once and all is good from then on.

Comment

18 kids tonight, good to see. My kids had a good haul also, pretty generous neighborhood. Definate push to organized events rather than trick or treating in general. Pretty good fun tradition in my opinion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...