• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag Stability Formula

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag Stability Formula

Are any farm organizations lobbying for the return to the original ag stability formula?

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
    Are any farm organizations lobbying for the return to the original ag stability formula?
    Or lobbying for anything at all ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      Or lobbying for anything at all ?
      I was told this morning that lobbying government is not some farm group's mandate....seriously...I kid you not....

Comment

We re so brainwashed into thinking our issue
        Is only the oil industry so until we get our head out of our own asses and think it won’t change
        Giving out vote for nothing means we get guess what? NOTHING we didn’t gain or lose a dam thing this last election.

Comment

Must be some powerful shit your smoking tonight. The hallucinations are incredible - fantasy land where people give rats ass about Ag.

Comment

From what I'm seeing no one cares at all about farmers and the harvest from hell. All I know is im over crap insurance coverage and Ag stab will pay next summer from now but once I harvest in spring ill have to pay it all back.

Any coverage would be nice but.

They don't care

Comment

AgriRecovery should be what’s used to match the USA farmer MFP 1,2,3 ?

($1.60 / bushel canola payment is fairly close equivalent to what they are receiving south of border due to the trade war.)

Comment

Every time the USA adds a subsidy the price of canola drops by that amount. Yep were down over 1.60 but again not one politician cares.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                  Every time the USA adds a subsidy the price of canola drops by that amount. Yep were down over 1.60 but again not one politician cares.
                  For those that support Ritz's version of an open market which is as imaginary as unicorns....

You can not price your grain off a subsidized US market....you are using your farms equity to compete against the US treasury. ...

It's not sustainable....

Comment

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post
                    If there were any kind of ag support I believe it would be through the agstab program. Problem is myself and countless others have quit agstab in the time since they gutted the program , so if it were to be amended it would be a bit late to help. Would guess the participation rate would be below 50%. Would likely rejoin is formula went back to first version but would be too late for this falls mess.

Comment

Even if the Feds brought back the original Agstab program the provincial governments would have to okay it. I’m not so sure if our provincial government is ready to step up to the plate for farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                        Even if the Feds brought back the original Agstab program the provincial governments would have to okay it. I’m not so sure if our provincial government is ready to step up to the plate for farmers.
                        I’m thinking the provincial govt are still tryn to figure out how to tax us more

Comment

I’m still a little pissed at the Sask party for taxing insurance, as far as I know we are the only province that has this tax.

Comment

And yet they stand there in tv saying how rich the province is and look look the population of the province is growing and taxing us farmers more than the useless ndp ever did????

Comment

I got out of ag stability a year ago.With the new formula and also with my livestock and grain my income averages out themselves some what.Made it not worth the hassle of all the paper trail and audits etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...