• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Machinery

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can squarely blame the price of new equipment for the ability for popular good used equipment's ability to hold it's value.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      You can squarely blame the price of new equipment for the ability for popular good used equipment's ability to hold it's value.
      And crappy expensive failure prone electronics. Rather have old

Comment

Sometimes buying new is only a few thousand more than used.
        Example.Used 10 yr old grain dryer is only $5000 less than brand new next yr?
        Age also..Young buy new because you have a life time to pay for it.
        Middle age.Have to buy used because of wife and kids to think of and pay for their education.
        Older..Phuck it..I deserve a new one because I have worked a life time to get here..

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          "Tractor Data" website info

JD 7400....1996.....$52,000 USD new
          JD 7810....1999.....$80,000 USD new
          Similar HP, PS, duals 4430 in 1974 $14000. And today? $200,000?

"Good Degelman heavy harrows sell for almost what they sold for new."

We have one, $20,000 in 2000, still auctions are close but what is the NEW one? Try $60,000
          Last edited by fjlip; Nov 2, 2019, 09:11.

Comment

I still say the price of equipment can be blamed on anyone who buys new, and the features they demand. If there was demand for Super 92 combines, with all of the creature comforts that they came with, someone would still be making them, and likely for cheaper than they were new( inflation adjusted).

No one who buys new equipment wants less technology and features, so manufacturers keep outdoing themselves adding them to attract buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              I still say the price of equipment can be blamed on anyone who buys new, and the features they demand. If there was demand for Super 92 combines, with all of the creature comforts that they came with, someone would still be making them, and likely for cheaper than they were new( inflation adjusted).

No one who buys new equipment wants less technology and features, so manufacturers keep outdoing themselves adding them to attract buyers.
              I would like a simpler new combine ...phucking sensor failures cost time and money....I usually set a combine and make minimum adjustments during the day....even if I am not driving the combine I can tell them what to change by the unloads....

BTW ...we are still competing with farmers that flail their grain to harvest it....and they have better government supports that we do....They would appreciate a Super 92....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                I would like a simpler new combine ...phucking sensor failures cost time and money....I usually set a combine and make minimum adjustments during the day....even if I am not driving the combine I can tell them what to change by the unloads....

BTW ...we are still competing with farmers that flail their grain to harvest it....and they have better government supports that we do....They would appreciate a Super 92....
                I've heard that for so long, that I would buy simple basic equipment if only it were available. Yet no one seems to be buying the Belarus, Rostelmash, Universal, Zetor, Lada etc. when they are/were available.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  Similar HP, PS, duals 4430 in 1974 $14000. And today? $200,000?

"Good Degelman heavy harrows sell for almost what they sold for new."

We have one, $20,000 in 2000, still auctions are close but what is the NEW one? Try $60,000
                  But Errol says deflation is coming and iron is going to get cheaper. I wouldn't hold your breath, remember the trend is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    I've heard that for so long, that I would buy simple basic equipment if only it were available. Yet no one seems to be buying the Belarus, Rostelmash, Universal, Zetor, Lada etc. when they are/were available.
                    Simple but reliable and close by....like a new JD 9500...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Simple but reliable and close by....like a new JD 9500...
                      Case IH 1688 and JD 9600s were bullet proof. My 40 years welder repair man loved Gleaners for simplicity and he would run them against anybody doing custom work.
                      I suppose I am stuck in some kind of golden era, we do have to progress but the trend to pay for full dependancy on the manufacturer is just another money grab that will ultimately enslave farmers.
                      Paying $450,000 for a machine you cannot fix yourself is dependancy. Just like a 4 year old kid with a broke bicycle.

Comment

Simple and reliable combine would be nice but adjusting the bottom seive with a push of a button and watching the tailings monitor at the same time and slowing the fan down 50 rpm’s and watching in the grain tank and tailings monitor from the seat sure is nice and I don’t think many would go back.

Comment

Biggest improvement for me was setting seives from the cab versus crawling in the backend of combine with a set of wrenches, feeler guage and flashing three or four times before you got it right. A self setting combine will be an equivalent improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            But Errol says deflation is coming and iron is going to get cheaper. I wouldn't hold your breath, remember the trend is your friend.
                            If his warnings about the repo market are valid. It'll be the financing that'll be more relevant. Of course most will pay 32% interest before they use a grease gun.... sarcasm on grease gun

Comment

QE didn't work because the banks were paid to hoard. We can definitely see a global recession in this environment because they don't trust each other now in the repo market. If they don't trust each other, why would they trust the consumer? If Deutsch and Commerz bank can't be trust, why would you lend to SF3? Sorry buddy but they are bigger then you lol. Rabobank might have more crop out then you as well.
                              Last edited by macdon02; Nov 2, 2019, 18:09.

Comment

Although I hate machinery and don't really use it a lot (mainly just to feed cattle in winter) I love my antique JD 2955 loader tractor. It passed 20,000 hrs last winter and has been the least cost, most reliable tractor I've ever owned. I can understand people paying a good premium for an older, proven model like this. They don't make tractors like that anymore. I'd love a more luxurious cab, shuttle etc but my business cannot justify replacing it with one costing upwards of $100,000 more (and that might still just be a used one) to do the same job and being more likely to suffer extremely expensive breakdowns.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...