• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Reserve cuts rates to zero and launches massive $700 billion QE

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe not about stocks anymore.

Banks

Comment

Massively negative interest rates will be necessary to arrest the fall in equities. Negative rates are already here in U.S. markets are you move a bit further out the yield curve.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
        Massively negative interest rates will be necessary to arrest the fall in equities. Negative rates are already here in U.S. markets are you move a bit further out the yield curve.
        The entire corporate debt bubble will implode . . . the Covid-19 virus is the fuse, the debt is the implosion. No sign of a bottom . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Austrian Economics View Post
          I still don't understand the concept of negative rates in the real world.

That means the bank pays you to lend money to them?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            I still don't understand the concept of negative rates in the real world.

That means the bank pays you to lend money to them?
            No they pay you to borrow and you pay them on your savings. They may be forced to ban cash in such a scenario as they cant collect interest fees on it. Perfect time to ban cash as it's for your own safety blah blah blah. Misclick I dont like my own post.
            Last edited by biglentil; Mar 16, 2020, 08:16.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
              No they pay you to borrow and you pay them on your savings. They may be forced to ban cash in such a scenario as they cant collect interest fees on it. Perfect time to ban cash as it's for your own safety blah blah blah. Misclick I dont like my own post.
              Well that will certainly send asset values to the moon with a huge increase in debt with it.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Ppl aren’t going to like this, but here goes.

“And he forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, slave and free, to receive a mark on his right hand, so that no one could buy or sell without the mark....”

Is it time for our implants yet? Never before has the world had the capacity to enable this to take place. Kind of freaky, no?

Comment

Big lentil.
                  The loans I have are all prepayable.
                  The best strategy would be then
                  Pay them all or most off with cash.
                  Then borrow , if I needed cash.
                  If they are going to tax savings.
                  I have been doing that anyway
                  To a certain extent. Because savings
                  Pay nothing

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Well that will certainly send asset values to the moon with a huge increase in debt with it.
                    Even beside the fact of possible negative rates. I think that tangible assets will be the only good investment going forward, barring some sort of confiscation. Inflation will be created from shortages, governments will encourage inflation as a way to overcome their debt burden. Cash shares and bonds are all just paper. Grain and stock might just be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      Big lentil.
                      The loans I have are all prepayable.
                      The best strategy would be then
                      Pay them all or most off with cash.
                      Then borrow , if I needed cash.
                      If they are going to tax savings.
                      I have been doing that anyway
                      To a certain extent. Because savings
                      Pay nothing
                      Fine and dandy till you start printing a new cash flow statement every day

Comment

Savings sitting there waiting to be taxed would just mean that gets spent into the economy or invested. has to be an arbitrage play. They pay you .5% to borrow and hope to get 2% or higher GDP growth in the economy. Bank makes profits on fees and services.

Comment

Another $500B thrown in this am.
                          Why not just make it a bazillion cajillion like Dr. Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            Ppl aren’t going to like this, but here goes.

“And he forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, slave and free, to receive a mark on his right hand, so that no one could buy or sell without the mark....”

Is it time for our implants yet? Never before has the world had the capacity to enable this to take place. Kind of freaky, no?

There is no doubt that this day just got a lot closer.

Comment

Here's a commentary from website on monetary matters that I routinely visit. The segment titled The Interest Rate and Stock Market Crash offers a very good summary of why financial markets are behaving the way they are:

https://monetary-metals.com/is-now-a-good-time-to-buy-gold-market-report-16-march/ https://monetary-metals.com/is-now-a-good-time-to-buy-gold-market-report-16-march/

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...