• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil price lowest in 20 years

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have said getting my head around the ramifications and what’s end game.

Darn lucky it won’t ever happen with grain and or meat ups and down but nothing like this.

Thought about a night in a bar in brooks ab think it was called 19 or 17 few oil workers there good for a beer and a chat dismal short term outlook

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
      Spot price is certainly close to zero right now. I guess we will know in a few days as June futures become the new measuring stick. They are set for a vert rough couple weeks and quite possibly go negative as well.

I still don’t fully understand all the consequences here but trump sure looked sick on the daily talk.

I am scared to say it but war is possibly the way this is settled. Close the straight of Hormuz entirely.
      To war over what exactly? Going to convert an economic war into a physical war? Who is going to make the first hit and why? What dreamt up excuse will be conjured up to justify a military strike? Or is blockading the Straight or Hormuz an act of war. Geez, then Canada had a civil war before Corona virus scared all the social justice warriors into staying home.

Comment

All I was pointing out to the two above is the fact someone is going to make a lot of money off this and its not the speculators on the way up.

Comment

Hamloc

"Certainly Forage you are correct but to me this illustrates the extreme demand destruction of the coved-19 pandemic. "

You should be looking at the supply end. Putin and Saudis are purposely over producing to destroy the American oil industry. Covid 19 just conveniently came along at the right time.

Putin's goal is for Russia to become the super power of world, and he is doing it unchecked!

Comment

Putin is running western canadian ag out of business with massive investments in infrastructure...

And we are funding China's infrastructure with a pretty good chance of never seeing a return on investment....

Meanwhile China and Russia are working together as the liberals become Trump haters to our largest trading partner and big brother...

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
              Hamloc

"Certainly Forage you are correct but to me this illustrates the extreme demand destruction of the coved-19 pandemic. "

You should be looking at the supply end. Putin and Saudis are purposely over producing to destroy the American oil industry. Covid 19 just conveniently came along at the right time.

Putin's goal is for Russia to become the super power of world, and he is doing it unchecked!
              I certainly don't disagree on Putin. But the world's daily oil consumption is down 30%, eventually you run out of places to store it. Look at beef prices, what farmers receive for finished cattle is down 20%, cull cows are down over 25% due to slaughter plants being idled by coved-19. There is no doubt that Putin and the Saudis can hang on longer but when most cars and planes are parked less oil is being used.

Comment

farming101.....the statistician.....and chart guy...

How much oil does the US import? Do they export any? The answer to those questions will determine how world oil prices will affect them. I thought they wanted self sufficiency so they couldn't be held hostage by foreign oil? Canada is the one getting kicked ibn the nuts while they are already down! And there's nothing they can do about it.

Comment

In USD
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	USOil.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	769634

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...