• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very cool ole Bud

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool ole Bud

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    How do you get to the field with that? Ha. Even a highway you would take a lane and a half. Dirt roads you would run on half a duel and be up in the air with the rest.

Comment

48 ton shipping weight she doesn't a lot of ballast but could add 20 ton ballast LoL.
      And a 16V92!! Younger folk do not have an appreciation for the term screaming jimmy or green leaker LoL.
      Contributing carbon to the atmosphere at 1000 gals a day lol.
      Smaller Buds still have a place today if you can keep them up and modernize.
      Excellent frame weights for power.
      Always wanted one. Never cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        48 ton shipping weight she doesn't a lot of ballast but could add 20 ton ballast LoL.
        And a 16V92!! Younger folk do not have an appreciation for the term screaming jimmy or green leaker LoL.
        Even less cheap with 6 figures worth of new shoes

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
          Screamin' Jimmy - oh the memories.

Back in the day, I had a 404 Timberjack, with a 4-53 in it, just a spark arrestor, in front of an Allison power shift, live winch!! Nice unit.

Anyway, we were logging on an old guy's place and he would stand and watch all day.

"I just love listening to those Screamin' Jennys" he grinned. I grinned too...

Said to the sawmill owner later, "Did you ever hear of a Screamin' Jenny?"

He thinks about it, kinda smiles and says- "Depends on where you pinch her, I guess..."

Comment

Jimmy's don't die easily. They're still around contributing.

Comment

For people that haven't been around a Detroit Diesel 16V92 is 16 cyl. in a V shape 92 CI per cyl.

4-53 is a four cyl. 53 CI per cyl.

If you spent a lot of time around one in the past you likely ask people to speak up!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                For people that haven't been around a Detroit Diesel 16V92 is 16 cyl. in a V shape 92 CI per cyl.

If you spent a lot of time around one in the past you likely ask people to speak up!
                it's true.

My old girl was loud with just a spark arrestor. And when it rusted out or blew out, I ran it with just a straight pipe for a while until the replacement came in.

It was loud even with hearing protection. A really sharp bellar.

Was doing a bush that way when this guy shows upon the landing, mouth going hands flying around.

Pull her over, shut it down pulled my earplugs out - then I could hear him loud and clear, he sounded mad!

Turns out he wasn't mad, just really excited, goes something like, 'Holy h*** I just followed the noise over hear to see what in the j8888 was making all this g&&&d0000$ racket! H*777 F8888 I never HEARD anything make so much $$%%%racket before! I thought it must be &&&** jet coming in to land..." **** **** I just live over 2 ^^%%(( farms and it was just about shakin' the ^^^%%% windows out of the &&&& 3dhouse!!"

Although he was likely exaggerating a bit, I got the new spark arrestor on very soon after that. Made a huge difference.

A muffler was about $1000 at the time and things were tight.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

Still have a 4-53 in a crane here and a 6-71 in a gravel truck that’s in use. Learned how to drive tractor trailer with a 8v71 in a Louisville as a kid. Great memories as long as the earmuffs were close by.

Comment

Rims and tires. He must have saved up his allowance for a while. Maybe he bought them with his CERB.

That tractor will still be going 40 years from now, long after our computers are defunct.

Comment

You ever been to Havre Big Bud Land? Long Live Big Bud!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...