• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scorching canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    No worries here about heat. Still waiting for some black seed to show up and the big worry will be frost. NE wind tonight should almost have a wind chill warning.

Like others have said i would let it get black seed close to the top and then swath at night. Gets tricky if you have lots of field to do and one break down has you way behind.
    ....just push the "easy" button.

Comment

Lucky for me I paid up for the pod shatter varieties so I could swath it.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Lucky for me I paid up for the pod shatter varieties so I could swath it.
        First time here with that trait, shocked at no shattering in seemly dry spots. Normal stuff has pods flying off the reel. Definitely only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          ....just push the "easy" button.
          Is that the Ritchie Bros. button?

Comment

So did you swath it?
            I swathed all mine, was starting at 11pm and cutting through the night till 9 or 10am.
            We just had a terrible wind go through an hour ago!!!
            Alot of swathes blew around this afternoon!!!!!!.
            I bet 30% of my higher ground that was burnt the worst blew around.
            Yield was maybe gonna be around 20bpa with stand for 55+.
            Very small seeds even in the big lower pods!!!

Comment

Oh and we got a hard fast 1/2" of rain and some hail too!!!
              Hawarden to Hanley looked like it got more hail and more of the storm on radar??

Comment

Mother nature is a C!

Comment

Huge bumper crop guys , huge bumper crop
                  All the experts say so ....

Sorry to hear the late hail RY , that sucks so close .... yet so far .
                  There is never a ***in huge crop , till its in the bin , even then , they lie about the numbers ... where exactly is the huge canola carryover ??
                  Man this is getting ridiculous already

Comment

Wind them rotors up boys them seeds are baked into them pod shatter pods.

$11.25 off combine now, get it in early limited time offer....

Comment

I would be looking at hanging on to any crop for a little while. US midwest about to get a harvest surprise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	usmw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	770051
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	laura.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	770052

Comment

Hoping to bin it all. When prices in fall increase and they appear to want delivery(and leave the pricing risk with the producer through "programs"). It might be telling us something.

Hopefully this doesn't lose momentum.

Edit in...maybe not all crops
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Aug 28, 2020, 06:19.

Comment

We re still short 2 bucks a bushel canola due to the China losses no matter that the price is now.

What we have is proof that there is market manipulation by the small amount of buyers and players in the oil crush seed trade. Canola came back to 10 without China demand? Give me a break.

Comment

When combines are grinding out the dust where black gold should be reality will hit the markets. When farmers are 🦨 markets 💥

Comment

Hurricane moisture didn't make it's way very far north, no relief from dry/drought conditions in the corn belt. Has to be supportive both corn and beans as they reach a critical stage.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Maps/CompareTwoWeeks.aspx https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Maps/CompareTwoWeeks.aspx

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...