• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeds Canada is here to **** you MR Farmer and No free Lube.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds Canada is here to **** you MR Farmer and No free Lube.

Well, 2020 will go down for lots of things but for this farmer the biggest threat to our farm just slipped into the history books and will be in full action in 2020.

Seeds Canada is the new group that wants farmers to pay more for seed.

They want us to be using up to 60% cert each year or higher and you got it farm-saved seed is a No No or a was going to tax the shit out of you at the elevator till you buy from us.

Kind of like a gun to your head hay farmers.

This shit show begins in 2021 and has zero to do with superior varieties etc. It's all about getting the last pennies from farmers.

They hope to get up to 480 mill in first few years. Then higher.

Ah, the last pennies are now gone and farmers let this happen. Politicians let this happen and farm groups let this happen.

There is not one single reason we need this other than profit for another pig at the farm trough.

What about ****ing farmers once would be nice.

**** Canada.

When we started Canola we seeded farm-saved seed and treated it our selves. Yes, way way way back. Grew some years 40 plus but made money and nice money. Then the shit show started now we have seed that still burns up in heat, turns to fast, goes flat on the ground, or shits the bed but now we give the seed companies huge dollars for 60 bus at the same price we got in 1999. Yes, its a win-win for seed companies and farmers are again screwed.

Comment

Go here:

http://seedsynergy.net/ http://seedsynergy.net/

Comment

So they had a consultation process with a meeting in Saskatoon in December of 2018 where some farmers showed up but mostly seed guys and the government....then forgot about it and were allowed to do this...

I think that meeting is where Meggz got up and spoke in favour of this crap. ...

Where are the conservative MPS. ...shouldn't they be making noise if they actually represented farmers?

Oh too busy electing a new leader....

How do things like this get the OK without government overseeing the process?

There will be government funding involved in this....

And regulations to follow?

Comment

Country Guide story

http://www.country-guide.ca/guide-business/driving-up-the-cost-of-seed/ http://www.country-guide.ca/guide-business/driving-up-the-cost-of-seed/

Comment

You would have to be a complete ****ing idiot to not see that this is going to kill western ag.

90 wheat now and we get 5 so 450 a acre

Wow winning

Totally insane and this is ag in canada. It’s a ****ing joke.

But at the same time Ukraine and Russia are handing us our lunch.

Go take your seed tax over their.

Let’s see how well they do with that.

Idiots

Comment

So if we up our canola acreage to 60% they will leave us alone? Or they want wheat and pulses?

How can they force someone to buy certified seeds? Cant deregister the other crops can they?

This sounds like nice little class action.
              Last edited by jazz; Aug 25, 2020, 08:14.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                So if we up our canola acreage to 60% they will leave us alone?
                They are already robbing us on canola seed. Its the other crops they want their pound of flesh from.

Comment

There won’t be enough Certified seed under today’s system to supply us all. Certified seed not all it’s cracked up to be either

Comment

I have a new certified hrs this year and it shit the bed. Still cost me a fortune to buy and then get less from it seed company wins. We’re so ****ed it’s not even funny

Comment

Originally posted by Livewire View Post
                      There won’t be enough Certified seed under today’s system to supply us all. Certified seed not all it’s cracked up to be either
                      I don't think they expect us to use all certified seed. End point(oddly farmers aren't the end users) royalties on every bushel sold into the commercial pipeline will be way more lucrative.

Comment

If you cant beat em, join em. I demand an end point royalty to my farm from the grocery store!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                          If you cant beat em, join em. I demand an end point royalty to my farm from the grocery store!
                          Put a tax on toilets I say , thats the true end point royalty.

Comment

I just dont know how the logistics of this would work, Cant force someone to buy your seed and if there is an end point royalty, thats transacted at the terminal. Hauling to the US is not out of the question anymore, there are brokers who make that easy as pie now that the CWB is kaput. The day this is put in place every farmer will opt out of his checkoffs so that revenue would be gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              I just dont know how the logistics of this would work, Cant force someone to buy your seed and if there is an end point royalty, thats transacted at the terminal. Hauling to the US is not out of the question anymore, there are brokers who make that easy as pie now that the CWB is kaput. The day this is put in place every farmer will opt out of his checkoffs so that revenue would be gone too.
                              It was in the PLAN. Yes farmers will opt out of check offs then seed companies will fund the Farmer commissions and seed companies will be representing farmers. Look at sponsors of some of the groups that say they represent farmers already. They have a strong voice at the tables and are in favor of these royalties.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...