• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeds Canada is here to **** you MR Farmer and No free Lube.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This farmers use to be profitable till seed companies Killed and they are coming after lentils peas oats barley wheat and durum etc.

Silence

Comment

What’s a tonne of wheat and a 25 kg bag of canola seed cost you guys.

This year bought 1.5 t of Latest and greatest wheat for $1100 per tonne to bulk up

Bought 100 kg can9la seed to bulk up think that was $300 from memory.

Buy fresh canola seed each year to bulk up on use it one year.

$3 end point wheat and $5 for canola.

Lupins bought seed to bulk up that was $1500.

Guessing you guys pay way more.

And wheat etc is allowed farmer to farmer trading for seed as well all collected at end point.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
        If you cant beat em, join em. I demand an end point royalty to my farm from the grocery store!
        Put your product in the grocery store. You can charge what you want, no royalty needed...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Well, 2020 will go down for lots of things but for this farmer the biggest threat to our farm just slipped into the history books and will be in full action in 2020.

Seeds Canada is the new group that wants farmers to pay more for seed.

They want us to be using up to 60% cert each year or higher and you got it farm-saved seed is a No No or a was going to tax the shit out of you at the elevator till you buy from us.

Kind of like a gun to your head hay farmers.

This shit show begins in 2021 and has zero to do with superior varieties etc. It's all about getting the last pennies from farmers.

They hope to get up to 480 mill in first few years. Then higher.

Ah, the last pennies are now gone and farmers let this happen. Politicians let this happen and farm groups let this happen.

There is not one single reason we need this other than profit for another pig at the farm trough.

What about ****ing farmers once would be nice.

**** Canada.
          Do you have a link to where your rant is in writing officially?

Comment

Seed tax

I wish all the farmers cleaned there own canola seed. Watch the greedy chemical companies panic. Would be fun to watch them scramble and try to charge everyone. I bet the price of canola seed would be half within 2 years.
            I wish somebody could organize boycotting one companies canola seed every year and nobody buy a kernel from them. This would make changes to the industry.
            As I said before. Nobody other then farmers should be able to dictate the way the seed industry should go. Politicians and CEO’s of chemical and seed companies need a one way ticket to the moon. They have no business in our farms. Until we stand up and rebel they will keep sticking it to us. What a shame the way things have gone.
            We really need to have public plant breeding program for canola and the choice of conventional or trait canola. I would go back to conventional in a heart beat.

Comment

Tweety, it's not a rant read the country guide article.

It's coming and coming fast.

Comment

Burnt out at 50, to many changes. Regulations coming out your ass.
                Farmed long enough to recognize agriculture has spiralled downward .
                I wasn’t a CWB supporter and was glad to see it gone but the grain companies didn’t allow the free marketing in, you want to haul you still need to sign a contract , a contract their legal team has sculpted to optimize every detail.
                I miss the elevators 10 miles apart, no room go to the next one, cause you could! No contract in place not allowing it.
                Holy the seed companies spent more on legal research to guarantee the farmer can’t get around using there own seed than they have on actually breeding varieties that increase farmers profits.
                Don’t even know where to start with the dealerships and machine companies, many of us have a 4 hour round trip to get a belt and happy to pay double , Might be after hour charges applied as well.
                When and what is the last thing that helped ?
                Ooooh yay! The $700k combine has Bluetooth and a fridge under the seat . Big ****ing deal !
                It’ll never be paid for!

Comment

Tweety. There is two links I posted. One Seeds Canada website, it would be good for every farmer to visit this site and see what the agenda is and who's agenda it is.

The second is a Country Guide story on the issue.

Don't shoot the messenger, SASKFARMER, for bringing up the topic.

Unless you are in the seed industry and don't care if Producers are profitable or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    Tweety, it's not a rant read the country guide article.

It's coming and coming fast.
                    Well the amalgamation is, the rest is not policy but speculation of what could be.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Tweety. There is two links I posted. One Seeds Canada website, it would be good for every farmer to visit this site and see what the agenda is and who's agenda it is.

The second is a Country Guide story on the issue.

Don't shoot the messenger, SASKFARMER, for bringing up the topic.

Unless you are in the seed industry and don't care if Producers are profitable or not.
                      He probably gave out his password years ago and someone else is writing under his account now....*

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                        Well the amalgamation is, the rest is not policy but speculation of what could be.
                        Tweety do you see the amalgamation as beneficial or detrimental? Will end point royalties not increase farmers costs without any guarantee of more affordable certified seed? If you use canola seed as an example, there certainly are no end point royalties but the price of seed rises year after year even though the price of the canola we harvest and sell does not go up in price.

Comment

It seems like there is no shortage of producer commissions, organizations and groups all claiming to speak on behalf of farmers or primary producers. Where can we read their communications or statements of where they stand on this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Tweety do you see the amalgamation as beneficial or detrimental? Will end point royalties not increase farmers costs without any guarantee of more affordable certified seed? If you use canola seed as an example, there certainly are no end point royalties but the price of seed rises year after year even though the price of the canola we harvest and sell does not go up in price.
                            I see the seed trade doing the right thing for the seed trade. Its a very smart, efficient, and most likely profitable decision. That has nothing to do with me, its their business model.

Farmers can not and will not get their ducks in a row so we deserve everything that is thrown at us. Once again, that is how the free market works. It's like we as farmers are all eating cheese and gaming in mommas basement while all around us hard work and decisions are being made from every other part of Ag to ensure their profitability.

So yes, keep complaining. That'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              I see the seed trade doing the right thing for the seed trade. Its a very smart, efficient, and most likely profitable decision. That has nothing to do with me, its their business model.

Farmers can not and will not get their ducks in a row so we deserve everything that is thrown at us. Once again, that is how the free market works. It's like we as farmers are all eating cheese and gaming in mommas basement while all around us hard work and decisions are being made from every other part of Ag to ensure their profitability.

So yes, keep complaining. That'll help.
                              Tweety ...

.I cant argue your logic but I always thought the point of having MLAs and MPs was the point of putting our concerns forward?

I also think that what farm groups are their for....can one guy make a difference ...chances are no....but if the farm groups. MPs and MLAs hear about it ....isnt that where their focus should be?

As an example....CEBA ....for farmers is a complete phuck up....some guys getting 100 bucks an acre others getting nothing at all....

Conservative MPs are well aware of the issue....and they do SFA to raise the issue ...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                                Tweety ...

.I cant argue your logic but I always thought the point of having MLAs and MPs was the point of putting our concerns forward?

I also think that what farm groups are their for....can one guy make a difference ...chances are no....but if the farm groups. MPs and MLAs hear about it ....isnt that where their focus should be?

As an example....CEBA ....for farmers is a complete phuck up....some guys getting 100 bucks an acre others getting nothing at all....

Conservative MPs are well aware of the issue....and they do SFA to raise the issue ...
                                So who are the MLA's MP's supposed to listen to? The NFU? The CFA? Grain Growers of Canada? Megz? Commissions? WGWG?

Everyone is saying something completely different so what are they supposed to do? In the end they do what ever is best for any reason they wish and say, that is what you asked for.

There are so many things we could do, but all we do is argue and have no consensus.

What are farmers doing about the possibility of ownership of genetics and RR canola coming off patent? Oh right, those bastards keep charging more for seed, that's what we are doing. Boo hoo.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...