• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain dryer concrete??’s

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain dryer concrete??’s

We’re pouring the pad for the grain dryer later today (Yippee)😎 and I’m curious what finish others have on theirs and if they like it? It’s going to be 20x30 feet for a 16’ vertec. It’s the closest thing to harvesting that we can do and I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks

Originally posted by woodland View Post
    We’re pouring the pad for the grain dryer later today (Yippee)😎 and I’m curious what finish others have on theirs and if they like it? It’s going to be 20x30 feet for a 16’ vertec. It’s the closest thing to harvesting that we can do and I’m looking forward to it.

Thanks
    I wouldnt give it a power trowelled glass finish..... walking on that with snow on your boots might be a bit slick.

Brush it....just my opinion.

Comment

I second brushed. Decent to walk on with wet/snowy feet. Not horrible to sweep up. Kind of a middle of the road way to go. After a few years, the brush finish wears down a bit and it is perfect.

Comment

Smooth makes cleaning up so much easier. But it does get slippery if drying in December.

Comment

Pads are always to small

Comment

Make the pad bigger. We made ours to small and just makes it harder to clean up. Have the same drier as u and it seems no matter how good a job u do to keep things from making a mess it always piles up somewhere.

Comment

18X30 been fine for FF 180 for 23 years. Upgraded to GSI 1112, same footprint, will see.
              Another question is do others have a cover/roof of some kind for rain? Always dumped dryer if rained out, in past but the GSI leaves 30 bu in bottom at unload so not sure what to do with a partially dry 30 bu?

Comment

Our dryer is shedded when not in use.
                We use a large tarp.
                Clean up in minutes..

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  18X30 been fine for FF 180 for 23 years. Upgraded to GSI 1112, same footprint, will see.
                  Another question is do others have a cover/roof of some kind for rain? Always dumped dryer if rained out, in past but the GSI leaves 30 bu in bottom at unload so not sure what to do with a partially dry 30 bu?
                  put a roof over ours , i like it , except for bird shit all over , guy at flame said old bin sheets work good , then the bastards can't roost and shi-t

Comment

Before

After

Signed off by some of hopefully the future operators😎

Hand troweled a patch for the artwork and really liked the look of it. Ended up doing it all. Kinda tricky getting it done nice since we ordered high strength 38 mpa. It seemed to flow like normal but sure set quick. Next batch for the pedestals and maybe the dryer shack pad coming Monday if we can get the forms done. Figure it can’t be any more slick than the garage pad here is. There is a couple of bin floors we poured that are a rough finish and they aren’t any fun to clean or sweep up so that swayed to choice too.😉

I hope this dryer is plenty big for us and it’ll be done long before Christmas which would be nice for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Pads are always to small
                      Just like my bank account 😉

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                        Make the pad bigger. We made ours to small and just makes it harder to clean up. Have the same drier as u and it seems no matter how good a job u do to keep things from making a mess it always piles up somewhere.
                        What size would you recommend? A little late for changes but we do have swamp mats or belting that could expand it if necessary. Mud is our nemesis out here with the wet heavy clay.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          put a roof over ours , i like it , except for bird shit all over , guy at flame said old bin sheets work good , then the bastards can't roost and shi-t
                          Could put chicken wire on the sides and bottom of your trusses if need be. I despise birds in sheds too.

Comment

That looks good Woodland. Not sure how much bigger too make it tho. All I know is when the wind starts blowing and chaff and light seeds get spinning around it piles up off the pad no matter how big. Neighbour has one your size and says he shud have went 25 x 40 but I don’t know if that would be enough depending on weather. Definitely gonna help your situation.

Comment

The given size is perfect for a grain dryer. The guys from our farmer's club usually do the same as you. However, they usually hire specialized construction companies to project the whole thing.
                              Last edited by OfericSchim; Nov 11, 2021, 07:31.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...