• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Indian Summer?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually you are supose to get a bit of winter before Indian summer comes.That usually is a November thing not an October thing.

Comment

Yes the grass is all white here and some record cold temperatures are in the forecast, 3 out of the next 5 days forecast snow. I guess some of the cows are going to have to come home where they don’t have all weather water systems. After 56 years Mother Nature can still surprise me!

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
        Usually you are supose to get a bit of winter before Indian summer comes.That usually is a November thing not an October thing.
        Yup ... I remember 2009 sat the entire month of October with 640 acres of flax to do....Did it in November and could get out of the combine with a t-shirt on....all dry.

2010 was a bitch of a year.....very wet...only got 25% of our land seeded .

And while this dry is concerning I don't want stupid wet either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Yes the grass is all white here and some record cold temperatures are in the forecast, 3 out of the next 5 days forecast snow. I guess some of the cows are going to have to come home where they don’t have all weather water systems. After 56 years Mother Nature can still surprise me!
          -6 here now ..

Supposed to hit -10 in a few nights

Last bit of fert then put er away till spring

Comment

I just don't know what to do now that everyone is done in our area. Oh, wait the list is so long ill be on the Cat and backhoe till freeze up. 20 years of never getting done until the snow is about to fly leaves zero room for fall work. Today's project kelly sloughs and harrow sections. Haul Malt barley. Three guys going strong. Cat is next week when it cools down.

Comment

Good week to freeze up the canola bins.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...