• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyphosate after frost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glyphosate after frost

Is this it for fall applied burn off? No days predicted above 5 degrees.

I did two quarters long after it was too late last year. one worked good , one not worth a shit
    didn't think would ever not work ?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
      Is this it for fall applied burn off? No days predicted above 5 degrees.
      Problem here is ,.....its too dry....I don't think the weeds are actively doing anything....not alot of sprayers moving compared to other years...plus its been too windy.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Problem here is ,.....its too dry....I don't think the weeds are actively doing anything....not alot of sprayers moving compared to other years...plus its been too windy.
        Yes the dry is a factor but too windy you must be in a different area 50 km winds are whe you see all the sprayers get busy during in crop so why worry now when crop mostly gone except some fields I see of flax and canary.
        I did some a few years back late after a minus 10 and i couldn’t believe next spring how it worked.

Comment

Yes the dry is a factor but too windy you must be in a different area 50 km winds are whe you see all the sprayers get busy during in crop so why worry now when crop mostly gone except some fields I see of flax and canary.
          I did some a few years back late after a minus 10 and i couldn’t believe next spring how it worked.
          Maybe minus ten did more for weed control than the glyphosate? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Maybe minus ten did more for weed control than the glyphosate? Lol
            Haha ya in the fall but come spring there was a line in the field where I stopped spraying in the fall like night and day.

Comment

You have those """"neighbours"""" too? The kind that like to spray at night not knowing where the phuck they are and leave little half moons on the quarter line?????

Comment

Our weeds never grew after the swather .
                Our agroligest said to keep sprayer in the yard till next spring.

Comment

I would think you would need a day or two at least of warm temps after ?
                  Our forecast is barely above zero next 14 days

Comment

Didn’t you just answer your own question?

Comment

We had a killing frost of minus 8 first week in Sept.thistles stayed 100% black.absolutely no regrowth.Thought it would be a perfect fall to spray but decided to put chemical away and use next spring.

Comment

Sprayed the lawn Sept 2, THAT worked 100% fried dandelions, thistles, mallow. Way too dry, fields showed reverse growth after swathing, no green in stubble like a normal year.

Comment

It all depends on the weeds you are after. I would say to late for thistle but dandelions would still be ok. Any winter annuals you can still get but if your area is like here it’s been to dry for winter weeds to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            Sprayed the lawn Sept 2, THAT worked 100% fried dandelions, thistles, mallow. Way too dry, fields showed reverse growth after swathing, no green in stubble like a normal year.
                            Gonna spray mine this afternoon

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...