• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election On The Way

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Do the recent announcements about the carbon tax and rumours of a wealth tax give you pause to just not putting your sons through this shit for 30 or more years of farming?
    SF should be alright. Sounds like they bought most of their land base quite a few yrs ago.

But bucket, I have a few neighbors who have gone ALL in in the past 5 yrs. Going from a land base couple thousand acres to 10-12k, mostly purchased at $3500 an acre.

The head winds coming at our ag industry will be shocking to say the least. A carbon tax for the FF we burn, another for the NO2 we emit and then some sort of wealth tax, probably capital gains or something.

The end of the industry.

I have girls, they wont be farming but we need our equity out for them before everything is plundered.

Comment

But bucket, I have a few neighbors who have gone ALL in in the past 5 yrs. Going from a land base couple thousand acres to 10-12k, mostly purchased at $3500 an acre.

I have those people in the neighborhood....wouldn't really qualify them as neighbours....

If land prices drop 20 percent they are underwater ...lucky for most of them their dads know the game ....they are considered good businessmen if they get the write down and keep the land they purchased at a high...

Million dollar bin yards and shops on the home quarter ...they will be just fine....

But unlucky for an average guy that has some debt but lots of equity .....the lender like FCC will force them out because they are easy targets...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Saskfarmer

Do the recent announcements about the carbon tax and rumours of a wealth tax give you pause to just not putting your sons through this shit for 30 or more years of farming?

Why not call it a day and insure your kids have a nice home , a good job and enjoy life...
        This is exactly where our family is at right now.

I am ready to quit - they are not all that ready to step into it.

We have a small farm that would be a manageable load for them to take on in addition to their existing businesses in the trades and construction - but no one wants to step up.

And it's not because they wouldn't like to. It's what they grew up doing and each one of them loves it.

And i cannot blame them - in their relatively few, short years, they have witnessed the erosion of property rights and the effect of excessive regulations set by idiots who have never had to get dirt under their nails. And that whole shj!tp!le of useless rules and regulations is only going to grow exponentially when the CFS kicks in over the next few years.

What does it say about a country that is chasing experienced, well-qualified help and interests out of an industry so essential that without it we would face starvation?

Canada is done. All thanks to enviro-fascist Marxists who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

Oh Canada, our home and native land where it's illegal to take a skate in the local rink.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Man I had it good with Harper !

I never even followed politics until Justine started screwing up the country !
          And Justine had it good under Harper as well.....don't know why he keeps blaming Harper for everything....

Its not Harper's policies that are phucking up the country....

Justine's giving money away to people that don't benefit society and then thinking he is going to get it back is just stupid...

How do get back the money spent on needles and tattoos??????
          Last edited by bucket; Dec 21, 2020, 08:28.

Comment

Bucket there won't be a write down this time I can guarantee that.

It will be a transfer of assets to the Banks FCC etc. and then Trudeau and the liberals will do land claims with the said lands back to any one he feels was hurt.

The stupid farmer can then rent it back at market value for life.

So is that farmer a winner or a serf.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Bucket there won't be a write down this time I can guarantee that.

It will be a transfer of assets to the Banks FCC etc. and then Trudeau and the liberals will do land claims with the said lands back to any one he feels was hurt.

The stupid farmer can then rent it back at market value for life.

So is that farmer a winner or a serf.

To answer the bold text....he is a 1970 russian farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                This is exactly where our family is at right now.
                My sympathies burnt, not only do you have the govt bearing down on your business like we do, you have to live in the shadow of marxist Toronto at the same time.

We have lefties in the cities out west but nothing like that bloc of know nothings who dont even know the rest of the country exists.

In Europe the progressive brigade has been at them for 50 yrs. Eventually many farmers just gave in. They didnt sell their lands, just let some corporate farm rent it. The little guys took a bunch of subsidies for wind farms and solar and biomass and then just sit in their yards producing what they need and send the kids all off to the big cities.

Someone on twitter tallied all the money Trudeau has given to foreign countries. The total was 65B in 5 yrs. Let that sink in for a moment. Apparently abortions in Africa are more important than ag in canada.
                Last edited by jazz; Dec 21, 2020, 08:42.

Comment

Ticked over a trillion tonight boys. enjoy

Click image for larger version

Name:	debt clock.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	770559

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Man I had it good with Harper !

I never even followed politics until Justine started screwing up the country !
                    That’s the problem , lots of us didn’t
                    We were too busy working , trying to get ahead

Comment

Might actually be a good time for the young guys to get in if all us retirees want to flee and flood the market.
                      A lot of boomers around. 20 something with some access to equity may have it good.

Comment

There’s a poop load of equity tied up in the hands of boomers and silent generation. Next 10 years or even 15 years these folks will perspire and ka ching the feds get their cut with expanded death taxes etc. It’s coming no doubt to prop up not only the fact our current govt is incompetent but also wealth held in one generation and not eventually circulated stagnates money flow when your economy is crap because of govt incompetence. Skippy has to tread carefully with middle class homeowner types in the cities and the baystreet crowd. If he squeezes them too hard there will be pushback at ballot time. I hear now quarterly carbon tax rebates instead of on your income tax. Absolutely flipping sad we as a nation are reduced to this but people deserve the government they get.

Comment

Name:	Ep7I8GPW4AIPxq6.jpg
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	770565.

Comment

"wouldn't really qualify them as neighbors" unless they pay the most.

The biggest here, even the parents started with ZIP? That happened in only 15 years?

Some are smarter, more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              [ATTACH]7272[/ATTACH].
                              Not real impressive when you consider he had 47% of adults on the dole all summer.
                              Maybe after all that they don't see a great outlook in living off the gubbermint.
                              I'm going to say they look vulnerable with all the skeletons in the closet they are accumulating.

Comment

This is not encouraging. Looks cult like to me.

Name:	EswYBYyXcAAAPWy.jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	770722

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...