• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday C o c k t a i l report and other useless stuff. Its Friday let's have fun.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit is it cold today. Thank god for oil and gas to heat our homes.

Don't like it, turn the switch off.

Enjoy your electric blanket and high power costs.

It's all a joke and the left should be called out.

The idiot lawyer who made the motion to have Regina a nonoil city has lost his job.

Good, I say.

It's time we started to push these idiots back.

Comment

Just like the left fires everyone who doesn’t sing their green song, the right would do well to step up to the plate, take out the broom and use it. Its high time they get some push-back. Out mit da shcrap!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
        Code of practice, On farm traceability, social license, etc etc can have merit in some ways but in the end the cost is on farmers with no payback. I feel that those farmers that do get involved in the discussions about these projects do have their heart in the right place. Unfortunately at the end of the day the marketplace only grudgingly pays for the extra work and costs. We have such a huge disconnect from the farm to fork. It is concerning that those with no real understanding of the reality of modern agriculture can and will handcuff us to do things as "they" see as proper. How do we as farmers react to this incursion in our business ? To date I have taken my check off back yet from the commodity groups and don't have a problem with them engaging in the discussion about the code of practice issue on one hand but feel that they had better tread very lightly and consider the ramifications. The ducks and canola issue from last year was a glaring example .
        I think you pretty much nailed it
        There will be zero payback but by playing by all the rules they will let you stay in the game if you play by ever rule . Carbon credits to farmers will be extremely difficult, they will make sure .
        Where this will eventually lead is to be penalized for not being part of this .
        That’s where this is going wether one agrees with the “code” “reset” or whatever they want to call it .
        You will be rewarded by not being penalized basically.
        I am on the fence on this only because I feel it will be mandatory sooner than later and we already, like the majority, do most of the “code” already .
        We are preparing for it but in no way think there will be any gain from it . Just more scrutiny by those outside the farm and far more regulation. It will be just another form out back door taxation with little outcome at the end of the day .
        I believe it’s set up to target the large superfarms but in reality it do nothing but harm the average family farm .
        I hope I am wrong , but it’s about control at the end of the day and another piece of the wealth distribution plan through environmental climate change policies.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          I think you pretty much nailed it
          How did social license work out for the oil patch? It went from signing some aspirational statements to a carbon tax to legislation landlocking our resources to cancelling projects to net zero 2050 to next step outright banning fossil fuels.

The farmers behind this are just the latest useful idiot patsies who still think if we can just tell our story to John Q Public we will be loved. Thats never going to happen.

Comment

glad i am nearly done!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              How did social license work out for the oil patch? It went from signing some aspirational statements to a carbon tax to legislation landlocking our resources to cancelling projects to net zero 2050 to next step outright banning fossil fuels.

The farmers behind this are just the latest useful idiot patsies who still think if we can just tell our story to John Q Public we will be loved. Thats never going to happen.
              Kinda my point in how this may all will play out

Comment

I for one can't figure out why farmers aren't smart enough to see what is actually going on.

It is the frog in the water and turns on the stove.

We have stupid people on stupid boards sipping the same cool aide all in the name of good for farmers when deep down most must be smart enough to realize were the next thing they want to end.

Comment

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/harper-catches-a-break-when-g7-discussion-on-climate-change-reduced-to-half-an-hour-isil-discussed-instead https://nationalpost.com/news/world/harper-catches-a-break-when-g7-discussion-on-climate-change-reduced-to-half-an-hour-isil-discussed-instead

Harper commits to stopping fossil-fuel use in Canada by end of the 21st century

Although his children will not likely be around to see it, the PM joined other G7 leaders in committing to ending all production and use of carbon-based energy by 2100

Say Whaaaat? So SF, does Harper still make the "good prime minister" list even though he also endorsed the end of using fossil sources of energy? LOL

And O'toole and the Conservatives are in favour of the Paris climate accord.
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Feb 7, 2021, 08:56.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    https://nationalpost.com/news/world/harper-catches-a-break-when-g7-discussion-on-climate-change-reduced-to-half-an-hour-isil-discussed-instead https://nationalpost.com/news/world/harper-catches-a-break-when-g7-discussion-on-climate-change-reduced-to-half-an-hour-isil-discussed-instead

Harper commits to stopping fossil-fuel use in Canada by end of the 21st century

Although his children will not likely be around to see it, the PM joined other G7 leaders in committing to ending all production and use of carbon-based energy by 2100

Say Whaaaat? So SF, does Harper still make the "good prime minister" list even though he also endorsed the end of using fossil sources of energy? LOL

And O'toole and the Conservatives are in favour of the Paris climate accord.
                    There is no doubt that I consistently bring up certain topics but Chuck2 you have reposted this statement by Harpers so many times I can’t count. Aspirational statements by politicians 80-90 years in the future mean nothing. How long is the tenure of Prime Ministers, 5-10 years? It is just like Justin Trudeau’s commitment to net zero by 2050, he will be long gone as Prime Minister. In a democracy all that matters is getting re-elected in 4 years.

Comment

Chuck, I will cure cancer by 2200. Oh, wait I will be dead by then. It's far enough out even I can accept. that. In the next 100 years, we will see changes. But subsidizing a losing venture never works.

Skippy is in charge and we are on a collision course with the sun.

Fossil fuel will be around up till the next greatest invention is created. WHat it is no one knows but solar and wind won't get us there. They are costly and create nothing.

If your so smart disconnect from the Sask. power grid and turn the dial off on the gas meter.

Tell me in a couple of hours how well your plan is working. Come on pull the plug Chuck.

Comment

And O'toole and the Conservatives are in favour of the Paris climate accord....... Crickets!

Comment

Crickets are quiet this morning as it's -35 and -45 with a wind chill. Shut your gas off and turn off the power from Sask power and tell me in a couple of hours how well you're doing.

Pull the plug chuck or shut the **** up.

Comment

Politicians of any stripe set deadlines years in the future...for two reasons

1. It makes them look good.
                            2. They hope after the fact , people come to their senses and realize the reality of the situation...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              And O'toole and the Conservatives are in favour of the Paris climate accord....... Crickets!
                              O’tool is as useless as your hero

Comment

I'll vote for nearly anybody that sets the deadline at 2100

Nearly anybody.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...