• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta coal mines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta coal mines

What is everyone's thoughts on the changes to Alberta coal mine policies?

Sounds like Alberta has ideas of strip mining coal in the mountains of the head Waters of every river that supplies the prairies and some people are concerned about the contaminating in the whole water system, that could/would effect drinking and irrigation projects.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/...ey-Government/ https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/01/...ey-Government/

Loads of Coal Disinformation from the Kenney Government
    How Alberta’s energy and environment ministers misled on open-pit mining plans.

Andrew Nikiforuk 25 Jan 2021 | TheTyee.ca

Comment

Where are BC’s coal plants ?
      So Alberta coal bad but BC coal ok ?
      Not saying either is good but why the constant beating of Alberta ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Where are BC’s coal plants ?
        So Alberta coal bad but BC coal ok ?
        Not saying either is good but why the constant beating of Alberta ?
        If you have a good arm and stand where the proposed AB mine is and throw a rock west it will take a long time for gravity to hit the bottom of a BC open pit coal mine.

Anyone who thinks the coal seams stop at the border would be wrong.
        There are miles and miles of BC mines where the majority of Crowsnest pass population already works just up the road on BC side. Fairly well hidden from the road but last time I drove that road we followed on Google earth, lots of moonscapes beyond the hills and trees you see from the highway.

Comment

That would be the headwaters of the rivers to the pacific ocean , yet absolutely nothing said about those .
          Just an observation

Comment

Difference is anything on the Eastern slopes is too visible. Never gonna happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...