• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDA

Global wht use up 5.4 mill t & stocks down 9 mill t. Stocks still a record high. Thought wheat might have kicked just a little not to be.

They can keep manipulating wheat because the bins are not empty. You would think it would give a good bump in prices with a 6 million tonne reduction in stocks. I think it will take off yet have gotten offers of 8 bucks a bushel for low protein # 1 . You can get 8.40 for 13.5. With discount applied mine will go for feed, still hanging on for a while.

Comment

Hearing of LOTS of #2 or #3 and even some low protein #1 wheat going into the feed market the last two weeks and feed prices still slowly climbing and realistically are ahead of the mills and grain company prices in many locations.
      Feed bids of $7.40 to $8 a bushel for feed at bin, 0% dockage and 1% shrink up to 16% moisture!!
      Makes you wonder if millers and exporters will be "SHOCKED" that there is NO milling wheat left come June!!!
      I even heard of a feed bid with a protein premium!!!! Offering extra 20 cents for 14% and over??

Comment

Originally posted by tubs View Post
        They can keep manipulating wheat because the bins are not empty. You would think it would give a good bump in prices with a 6 million tonne reduction in stocks. I think it will take off yet have gotten offers of 8 bucks a bushel for low protein # 1 . You can get 8.40 for 13.5. With discount applied mine will go for feed, still hanging on for a while.
        yep , keep the fn doors shut , its a game

Comment

Q

I'm doubtful much of that local HRS to feed is showing in those stocks numbers?

Might be more MT bins than they know.

Comment

help me out , livestock guys , always wondered, isn't there a lot more feed value in $7.50 wheat than $6 barley ?

Comment

In limited quatities for beef.

Lot more trouble unless you are expert feeder when finishing.

Lots of wheat DDG'S used.

Poundmaker buys fair bit of wheat but prefers I think CPS.
              They have an ethonal plant matched to the feedllot.

More TDN in wheat but beef mostly doesn't need the extra protein.
              Last edited by shtferbrains; Feb 9, 2021, 19:08.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                Global wht use up 5.4 mill t & stocks down 9 mill t. Stocks still a record high. Thought wheat might have kicked just a little not to be.
                Agree mallee, global wheat stock drawdown was bullish (IMO).

Corn carryout was a head-scratcher. USDA left carryout mostly unchanged, even with these recent massive sales to China. Data viewed bearish. Go figure . . . .

Soybean data seen neutral . . . .

Comment

Do you think the guys that go around tapping the side of wheat bins are the same ones that did corn,soybeans and canola? I guess time will tell but you can't blame farmers if they think there's a little bit of BS in any of these reports.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...