• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power off most of Northeast Sask at -50 windchill , carbon tax ?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RTK View Post
    So this thread got me thinking about those who have been fortunate enough to have the desire to build, create and strive to crave out their own fortune in this world. I believe we realize the importance of reliable sources of energy. We understand the consequences of not having reliable sources of energy - whether it be electricity, Natural Gas, wood or a piece of equipment that has the hp to complete a task.

We realize the importance... so much so that we are discussing ideas to ensure survival in situations where there are short term interruptions or breakdowns to reliable systems or equipment. Fortunate are we who have the means and the ability to navigate these situations.

But maybe more importantly.... Who are those that turn their noses at reliable sources of energy or equipment? Are they the individuals that are homeless or a family barely scraping by? Are the creators and dreamers of a fairy dust and unicorn fart powered eco friendly world the family barely scraping by or are they the ones in a homeless shelter?

Or is it another segment of society that pushes an agenda that defies today’s economic and common sense. Who are these people? I argue they are hypocritical, lack common sense, have an inflated sense of self worth... the enlightened?

Perhaps we owe it to the struggling fringes of society to push back hard against this green energy system to avoid further economic destruction of our society.

If these so called green energy sources prove to be cheap, sustainable and reliable they will succeed as the dominant energy source without legislation. We will all benefit and the creators of these new sources will receive their financial rewards in due course.
    What a powerfully insightful post.

The bolded sentence is perhaps the least understood and understated consequence of these times when a badly misguided segment of society is pushing for reductionist survival - that's really what they are calling for.

In its naked form, it is called nihilism.

Our county council is being pushed and persuaded by green, special interest groups to move to a non-carbon based economy.

When speaking with the councilors - and I most surely will - I am going to employ your thought of how this ideology will affect the lower, economically positioned people of our county. Will tell the councilors to ask for hard evidence that the green agenda will not cause further hardship for the already strained lower income peoples.
    Last edited by burnt; Feb 13, 2021, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      What a powerfully insightful post.

The bolded sentence is perhaps the least understood and understated consequence of these times when a badly misguided segment of society is pushing for reductionist survival - that's really what they are calling for.

In its naked form, it is called nihilism.

Our county council is being pushed and persuaded by green, special interest groups to move to a non-carbon based economy.

When speaking with the councilors - and I most surely will - I am going to employ your thought of how this ideology will affect the lower, economically positioned people of our county. Will tell the councilors to ask for hard evidence that the green agenda will not cause further hardship for the already strained lower income peoples.
      I'm afraid you are barking up the wrong tree. Those are the same nice folks who think like this guy who said it out loud:

Video Massachusetts Climate Official: “People on Fixed Income … We Have to Break Your Will”

Comment

Here is why renewable energy sources are getting installed in Alberta by numerous different energy companies including oil and gas companies who are diversifying. Even if renewables are intermittent they are cheaper because the fuel that drives them is free. Plain and simple. They still require backup and that add costs, but the reality is renewables are being supported by governments and the private sector.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-01-03 renewable-energy--what-you-need-to-know pdf(1).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	770776

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
          Those that have tried to run and aeration fan with a generator, do you cover the fan inlet with a board will starting the motor? Should help reduce the inrush while the motor gets up to speed as it can't pump all the air it wants. Our power is very reliable here but have been thinking about the what if lately as well.
          That’s a good idea !
          Never thought of that
          We have a 7 hp that doesn’t like starting on 60 amp
          I cover part of inlet when drying alfalfa with a heater and a 5 hp. Works good
          Last edited by Guest; Feb 13, 2021, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            I'm afraid you are barking up the wrong tree. Those are the same nice folks who think like this guy who said it out loud:
            Oh sorry, my bad.

I think I could build an igloo, but whale blubber is damn scarce around here and with the beef and pork banned gonna make some thin gruel to live on...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...