• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flax

Anyone grow it anymore?
    Price is over $21.00 now..

Yeah. It can make dollars. Relatively cheaper to grow. Seed, feet., etc. Straw is always fun. Late too in this area.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
      Anyone grow it anymore?
      Price is over $21.00 now..
      For next year or now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
        For next year or now?
        Immediate delivery.

Comment

Hope it buys a bunch of acres for next year at the expense of canola.

Comment

Sh sh sh.

Because Bucket and hobby aren't available.

Why would anyone want to grow flax when specialty canola yields twice that of flax, and runs par price wise? No brainer - you have to sow that canola. I mean, what are you wishing promoting flax over canola. All the experts will tell you that. It takes superior management to grow flax and handle the straw. You haven't got that amount of time to waste on a money loser. Jeez, you have to swath that tough crap. Let bucket and myself waste our time, and go broke.

Otherwise, it's $24.00, and ccra will love you. You don't want that hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              Sh sh sh.

Because Bucket and hobby aren't available.

Why would anyone want to grow flax when specialty canola yields twice that of flax, and runs par price wise? No brainer - you have to sow that canola. I mean, what are you wishing promoting flax over canola. All the experts will tell you that. It takes superior management to grow flax and handle the straw. You haven't got that amount of time to waste on a money loser. Jeez, you have to swath that tough crap. Let bucket and myself waste our time, and go broke.

Otherwise, it's $24.00, and ccra will love you. You don't want that hassle.
              Well done. Very well done.

Comment

I will say this....there is no money in growing flax...for all you wannabe flax growers ....stick to canola...you will be better off....

This public service announcement by the dumbphuckled farmer...
                Last edited by bucket; Feb 17, 2021, 14:35.

Comment

local increased the bid to 22.27 for may thru July today...do not...and I repeat do not grow flax....there is no money in it...you will go broke growing flax...

BTW flax seed will probably be 40 dollars this spring

And where is hobby??????Heelllooo

dumbphuckled farmer.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    local increased the bid to 22.27 for may thru July today...do not...and I repeat do not grow flax....there is no money in it...you will go broke growing flax...

BTW flax seed will probably be 40 dollars this spring

And where is hobby??????Heelllooo

dumbphuckled farmer.
                    Excellent presentation. I can sense that your heart is in it. We have been warned, proceed accordingly.

Comment

Hello hobby....

I have posted local conventional flax prices for your entertainment...would you share organic prices?

You can defer that answer if you wish but tease us a bit will you ?

Comment

Used to be a favorite if it looked like drought.

40#N no phos as response is low to nil with seed place.
                        $15 weed control.
                        40# or less of saved seed.

If no rain collect crap insurance with margin due to low input.

If things work out 30 bu.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                          Used to be a favorite if it looked like drought.

40#N no phos as response is low to nil with seed place.
                          $15 weed control.
                          40# or less of saved seed.

If no rain collect crap insurance with margin due to low input.

If things work out 30 bu.
                          Two guys today have seed in place for spring. One guy a 960 another 640. They both said they used to grow a quarter every year.

Comment

Organic flax bids are $35 for brown and $40 for yellow already, with signs pointing higher.
                            On conventional I have traded $24.00 old crop brown, but like many on here have said, flax ain't for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              Mr Seedhawks canola that all goes 50 is still better than Flax !

CANOLA @ 50 x 17.50 a bu = 875 an acre !

Flax @ 30 x 22.00 a bu = only 660 an acre !

No need to phone Ritchies yet !

Don't call us we'll call you !
                              Love that message!

A box cutter price to open a canola bag is really cheap. In a 2021 drought, second use is to "cut your throat".

Not so much with bin run flax seed. Just rinse and repeat, next year. (not referring to your washing of the box cutter)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...