• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not marketing______Anyone ice fish? What do you use for heating tent/shack

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not marketing______Anyone ice fish? What do you use for heating tent/shack

Thinking about giving it a go,,, wife not interested.
    Just wondering what guys use for heating a small shack or tent style shelter.
    Would a small solar panel work with a 12v car heater? Are there 12v heated mats, like a pet mat?
    Can a propane tank mounted radiant heater work in a closed area?
    Probably not looking for a lot of heat, as wouldn't be going out on the coldest of days.

Any ice fishers here? Sound advice welcome. Looking at a 3 man 90"x90" fishing tent.

I burn wood in a wooden based fold up shack. Been out at minus thirty in my shirt sleeves. It can get too hot, and limited control with wood. But I’m partial to wood. It’s kind of a tradition. Lol

Comment

Yes on a propane mounted heater.

Comment

I use a propane powered heater called a buddy heater, I use a 20lb tank that sits outside my shelter and feeds the heater via 20’ hose.

Comment

Also use a propane Buddy heater with a 20 lb tank or one pound bottles if need to travel light. Been out in -35 in an uninsulated tent with just light gloves. Good to warm up your smokies also!!

Comment

Originally posted by Livewire View Post
            Also use a propane Buddy heater with a 20 lb tank or one pound bottles if need to travel light. Been out in -35 in an uninsulated tent with just light gloves. Good to warm up your smokies also!!

Works decent

Comment

I use either or
              Propane heater similar to a buddy , or a 1500 w electric heater if I have the generator .
              The generator can run camera , TV and charging unit

Comment

Comment

Big screen TV, all that's missing is the bartender and stripper.

Do you guys in Sask. have strippers yet, or do you still drive over to Manitoba to see them?

Comment

Originally posted by tweaker101 View Post

Works decent
                    Let me guess, you would cook fish but have to throw them all back cause they are too big to fit in the pan!

I havent made it out for 2 years, wish we had the lakes you guys got in Sk, most places we can go has 200 shacks trying to snag 30 minnows.

A small propane heater on a 1lb bottle will last me a couple days and is nice and cozy in my tent.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Do you guys in Sask. have strippers yet, or do you still drive over to Manitoba to see them?
                      Naybor has had strippers for years. Think they are Shelbourne’s....

Comment

Little buddy heater with a 20lb tank outside works great little bottles seem to freeze up. I also have a eskimo tent I bought at Peavey mart that pops up easy.

Comment

Whatever you use to heat your tent/shack, go to cabelas and buy a battery operated ceiling fan. Amazing what a difference it makes. Just leave it run on low to pull the heat down off the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post

Lol , it’s a 32 in that nobody wants any more that I got for some welding job

The only stripper is the filleting knife 🔪

Friends and family only , but each to their own lol

Bartender comes with home built recycled shack 👍

Comment

We just use a single burner with a propane can , works ok for us .
                              Last edited by furrowtickler; Mar 10, 2021, 06:56.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...