• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not marketing______Anyone ice fish? What do you use for heating tent/shack

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
    Thinking about giving it a go,,, wife not interested.
    Just wondering what guys use for heating a small shack or tent style shelter.
    Would a small solar panel work with a 12v car heater? Are there 12v heated mats, like a pet mat?
    Can a propane tank mounted radiant heater work in a closed area?
    Probably not looking for a lot of heat, as wouldn't be going out on the coldest of days.

Any ice fishers here? Sound advice welcome. Looking at a 3 man 90"x90" fishing tent.
    For a 3 man tent , the propane buddy heaters work best .
    The small radiant heaters can be a pain but do work
    That Dewalt I use has an LED light in the handle , battery , fan , two tanks .
    Also has USB charger
    If you go that rout, definitely find an adapter to fill the small tanks or do as tweeker does .
    You won’t meed much heat actually even in -20, -25 unless it’s windy .

Comment

Thanks guys, for all the tips and replies.

Got a line on some perch holes,,, mouth can't stop watering thinking about a pan of those frying in butter.

Comment

Any concern with low O2 or high CO levels burning propane in such close quarters?

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
          Any concern with low O2 or high CO levels burning propane in such close quarters?
          Two fishers found dead in their tent a month ago just north of Winnipeg because of that very reason.

Not enough ventilation.

My kids all ice fish, I warn them every time they go out.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
            Make sure your shack is vented , and only use the propane heaters as necessary and as low as possible.
            Wood heat is probably best if you have a small stove
            But 3 man shacks have limited room for that .

Comment

some guys have been using the Chinese diesel heaters from Amazon with success... sounds pretty sweet.. a couple liters of diesel fuel and you are warm for the day. And at the price point of about $250.oo I would be looking at it if I had a solid wall shack not a pop up fishing tent.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                Big screen TV, all that's missing is the bartender and stripper.

Do you guys in Sask. have strippers yet, or do you still drive over to Manitoba to see them?
                I picked up these beauties on a trip through Sask a few years back for a wiring emergency.
                Apparently strippers are available in sask.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210310_113159.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	770842

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  make sure your shack is vented , and only use the propane heaters as necessary and as low as possible.
                  Wood heat is probably best if you have a small stove
                  but 3 man shacks have limited room for that .
                  b2b safe

[ATTACH]7641[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...