• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$640k and gone?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Take a pill
    I second that. Sit tight for another decade and it will probably be a million a quarter. if our cash is worth anything after that time is a whole other issue.

Fortified farm family compounds might become the next big thing once we tip into a dystopia.

Comment

Might have to build a wall?

Comment

On our land base we have some land closer to Saskatoon along highway 7. About 10km out of Saskatoon, its a bit of a hike from our main land base. But it would blow your mind some of the offers we are getting for the land close to Saskatoon. Do I dump these 6-1/4’s or do I hang onto them and let my kids benefit from a potential large sale when I’am long gone. Not sure what to do.

Comment

Gotta be careful setting a price these days otherwise you might be sitting at the lake fishing all summer in your new camper and not giving a dam what the price of canola is !

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Fortified farm family compounds might become the next big thing once we tip into a dystopia.
            I've had thoughts of doing that for years with a handful of like minded families. Could be lots of advantages. But then I think that either turns me into a cult or a Hutterite colony.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sunset Land Sale.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	770852

Interesting land sale, no yard or anything on this quarter

Comment

Originally posted by SWFarmer View Post

Sorry I snooped on sama.....$172,200 assessment.

If someone gave me the same 4.15x assessment I’d really think about phoning ritchies. Be $1.1 million on our good stuff.

Comment

So what's a 313000 assessed quarter worth in our area?

Comment

Originally posted by SWFarmer View Post
                    [ATTACH]7654[/ATTACH]

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
                    Last edited by zeefarmer; Mar 15, 2021, 19:30.

Comment

Did a little asking. That was for 3 quarters. 1 of cropland and 2 of native pasture.

Comment

For us older guys it's something to think about..
                        Non farming full time kids will probably sell it anyway.
                        No right or wrong.
                        Each in their own situation..
                        No rules in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          So what's a 313000 assessed quarter worth in our area?
                          If you gotta ask you can’t afford it....

That’s gotta be some nice dirt.

Comment

Crosses my mind also with no children that farm and getting older.
                            Its just that you try so hard all these years trying to pick up land it would be really hard turning around and sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                              Sorry I snooped on sama.....$172,200 assessment.

If someone gave me the same 4.15x assessment I’d really think about phoning ritchies. Be $1.1 million on our good stuff.
                              That's nothing, you would be hard pressed to find a quarter cheap enough to be 20X assessment here!

Assessment system must be different here, no one talks about it as a measure of real estate value. Does give an indication of soil classification but location and view is more important than farming qualities in valuation anyhow. My highest assessed land is 45,000 a quarter and that's good land.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                                Crosses my mind also with no children that farm and getting older.
                                Its just that you try so hard all these years trying to pick up land it would be really hard turning around and sell it.
                                There is nothing wrong with setting the children, grandchildren or nephews/nieces up as farm landlords.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...