• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$640k and gone?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with setting the children, grandchildren or nephews/nieces up as farm landlords.
    I disagree. Because setting them up as landlords, means you are setting up future farmers as tenants, with one less chance to own the land they farm.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      I disagree. Because setting them up as landlords, means you are setting up future farmers as tenants, with one less chance to own the land they farm.
      The next generation of farmers isnt going to be your neighbor. I think that nostalgia is gone. I have farms around me where only employees ever show up. You couldnt find the owner if you wanted to. They dont even check the fields any more in person, Farmers Edge does it for them.

I have no problem seeing big money backed corporate farms having to rent from the decedents of former farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Grandkids will likely sell my place and buy the worlds biggest boat made out off lego.

Comment

I had a chat with dad about this last night. He suggested running it for a few yrs with our equip and then renting it out.

His opinion is a 2 section farm doesnt align with this business anymore especially with no kids interested and no ability to add acres even if they were.

Says go buy something else for my daughters to be involved in.

Couldnt argue against any of that.

Comment

I've noticed that land prices have gone up a lot in the last two years. I think the reason is that more people have moved to work remotely. They started spending most of their time at home, and everyone wanted better living conditions. Many people I know have moved from a city apartment to a country house and started doing small backyard vegetable gardens. My wife and I were also inspired by the idea to move out of town and grow delicious fruits and vegetables for ourselves. We have already contacted realtors and are looking for the right fit. Would love your advice!
            Last edited by campellob; Nov 19, 2021, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              There is nothing wrong with setting the children, grandchildren or nephews/nieces up as farm landlords.
              It works for one generation but the next generations after ownership gets diluted or creates envy, jealousy and hard feelings.

Comment

Something to consider, as currency drops in value, hard assets go up. Are all paper currencies declining? Land says yes, gold says yes, crypto says yes. Now price those 3 in USD. I want out by 2024, having said that, i need to see where bonds and everything ends up. If we have double digit inflation, can we afford to quit a commodity based life style? Im trying to punch holes in my idea because when you step out, you better be right and well, it's phucking stupid to not apply critical thought to it. Always approach it from the other side.

Comment

So naive I was just 9 months ago. Believing things like that could never happen or the govt would never do that.

After watching the govt double, triple and now quadruple fck the economy while crops doubled and tripled in price was never on my bingo card.

The land is the inflation hedge now.

Swapped the 9600 for a S670 this fall and keep rolling on I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    👍 Like
                    yep , and WTF would a guy do with the money anyways
                    too f k n hard too get

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...