• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest Farmer in Saskatchewan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    There are a lot of ridiculous, non scientific and arbitrary rules in the organic business, but the one reasonable rule is about manure. It doesn't have to come from an organic farm, with a few minor stipulations.
    Part time job 2 summers ago hauling to organic farm dumping with gravel trucks. 20 mile radius cleaned guys pens for free old stuff and the fresh stuff. Not cheap stuff by the time they spread it next year. Don't think that stuff cooked long enough to get rid of the weeds but I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
      Part time job 2 summers ago hauling to organic farm dumping with gravel trucks. 20 mile radius cleaned guys pens for free old stuff and the fresh stuff. Not cheap stuff by the time they spread it next year. Don't think that stuff cooked long enough to get rid of the weeds but I may be wrong.
      My only recent experience is with sheep manure. Rented a bobcat two springs back, cleaned out a shed that had built up pretty good. Piled it in a big old heap off to the side. By late summer, the stuff was rotting good. Last spring it was pure, black gold. No weeds. I’m actually thinking of bagging it and selling it in the cities, it is that beautiful. A little side venture might be worth it. It’s renewable after all!

Not sure if the weed free status is from the heating and rotting, or due to sheep’s unique digestive system? Few weeds are supposed to make it through a sheep as they chew more thoroughly than a cow?

Anyway, it’s gold in the garden at any rate.

Comment

Pig shit is gold

Comment

Some guy buys chicken manure and makes a crock full of stinky bubbling brew (like some one died in there), then swears that he grows 1500 lb. of tomatoes from two dozen plants. Same guy who came from Ukraine said everyone needs to eat 12 cloves of garlic a day. He suddenly became ill and died at about 52 or 53. So now I eat no garlic and use only peat moss.
          Last edited by sumdumguy; Mar 16, 2021, 18:33.

Comment

Chicken sh*t is silver for sure. But weedy. Still crop shows after 5 years ago. 40,000 birds next door. They sell it, gets hauled away. Tenant rather not have spread, crops so rank makes a mess. If it could be feathered out, but custom spreaders don't want to.

Comment

if it was my pigshit? Gold. Someone elses pigshit they want to spread? Are you ducking serious you want me to pay you??? LOL get ****ied. I got the land.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                Some guy buys chicken manure and makes a crock full of stinky bubbling brew (like some one died in there), then swears that he grows 1500 lb. of tomatoes from two dozen plants. Same guy who came from Ukraine said everyone needs to eat 12 cloves of garlic a day. He suddenly became ill and died at about 52 or 53. So now I eat no garlic and use only peat moss.
                Lol..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...