• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As easy as wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As easy as wheat

Loaded road train 8.30 am.

Off to port, tested for moisture protein screenings test weight.

I had fair idea what grade as I can test all that on farm.

On a vessel at 1.30 pm.

Efficient for traders and farmers no triple handling via elevator system.

How many tonnes on a road train mallee?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      How many tonnes on a road train mallee?
      63t sadly the can only go on certain roads. Makes trip a little longer.

West Aust they can do triples 90t

Comment

Am green with envy at that short distance/time to ship...must have thick roads AND no FROST to ruin base and top.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
          Am green with envy at that short distance/time to ship...must have thick roads AND no FROST to ruin base and top.
          OR they actually build highways in Australia...its a phucking joke in Saskatchewan....consolidate the grain industry and leave secondary highways ....stooopid.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
            Loaded road train 8.30 am.

Off to port, tested for moisture protein screenings test weight.

I had fair idea what grade as I can test all that on farm.

On a vessel at 1.30 pm.

Efficient for traders and farmers no triple handling via elevator system.
            Canadian farmers could know quality also if they invested in equipment and learned quality factors. Would take a lot of issues and anxiety out of shipping grain to buyer but they would rather have buyer tell them what they have for sale instead of the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
              Canadian farmers could know quality also if they invested in equipment and learned quality factors. Would take a lot of issues and anxiety out of shipping grain to buyer but they would rather have buyer tell them what they have for sale instead of the other way around.
              You guys don’t have protien meters.

Best $10,000 I ever spent.

Get it calibrated against a local feed mill and elevator at start of harvest.

Only issue of course is line ball protien.

900t tested every third combine box .

Came in at 10.6% protien varied from 9.5 to 11.

63 tonne delivered smack on 10.6 protien below 10.5 drop a grade and $5 per tonne. Luck of the stab when close to the limit either side.

Comment

Roads are rated for want of a better word road train up to 63t b double rated 45t or normal roads semi 28.5 t

But can get permits to go over weight on roads.

Not really policed.

Our farm body such as your nfu fought tooth and nail against transport authority for three years to road trains in state wide the trade off certain roads only.

The road travelled to get Mt wheat was NOT road train rated but he had a permit another thing our farm body did. Permit to cart 500t via road train if need be. Permit slight cost $30 or 40 bucks but truckers don’t pass it on.

Fair resolution to transport issue state wide same as your beloved nfu do work on behalf of farmers on real day to day issues.

Called grain producers SA pay a small levy every tonne to em. Worth there weight in gold. Fought against single desk to force deregulation do a lot of good stuff. But sadly ignore climate change sarcasm intended

Comment

Around here grain cos get pissy if protein is below 12.5 but if you take them wheat that's 15 or better they say there not needing any high protein so don't pay any extra for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                    Around here grain cos get pissy if protein is below 12.5 but if you take them wheat that's 15 or better they say there not needing any high protein so don't pay any extra for it.
                    What is more is they check, calibrate, read and hand enter all results with no one checking for accuracy or paper trail. That is where the CGC needs to step up and go back to what it was originally set to do. Not saying there is intentional missrepresentation but the door is open for that and human error.

Comment

You guys don’t have protien meters.

Best $10,000 I ever spent.

Get it calibrated against a local feed mill and elevator at start of harvest.

Only issue of course is line ball protien.

900t tested every third combine box .

Came in at 10.6% protien varied from 9.5 to 11.

63 tonne delivered smack on 10.6 protien below 10.5 drop a grade and $5 per tonne. Luck of the stab when close to the limit either side.
                      Farmers can buy protein testers. Just most haven’t.

Not that it happens all the time but I’ve seen grain into the terminal day 1, train day 2, port onto a ship day 3 and 4. Considering the distance and steps that all need to be in place, that’s not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                        Destined for SE Noodle market.

Sure you guys have had Laska or those noodle bowls you buy at supermarket in Asian section. They don’t want protien above 11% preferably down to 10%.

This ain’t wheat pic but here’s some info on latest barley tender here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF20B3C2-2A97-4EED-97BF-3B15F2871E60.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	770861

Comment

Who is looking after the grain payment? If it is the trader, I doubt they are doing it for $3/t?

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                            Who is looking after the grain payment? If it is the trader, I doubt they are doing it for $3/t?
                            Not sure what you mean. Farmers got paid during harvest.

Traders margin always is always will be the $3 to $7 per tonne.

Volume volume volume.

I posted this on twitter 4 traders contacted me and said spot on give or take a buck or two.

The old cold war single desk warriors are one about a royal commision into prices saying farmers getting gouged. They seem to forget all the costs associated with getting grain to destination.

L D commodities got burnt in our state due to bidding up for port slotsthen a-failed harvest about 6 years ago did $45 to 50 per tonne loss.

Aint been in my state since.

I know im the only one on Agriville and i make zero apologies traders make money lose money and are needed in a liquid volatile transperant market. I know i think 100% different than you guys.

It’s different here than western canada.

Maybe 101 and macdon dont hate traders and errol.

Comment

Not sure what you mean. Farmers got paid during harvest.

Traders margin always is always will be the $3 to $7 per tonne.

Volume volume volume.

I posted this on twitter 4 traders contacted me and said spot on give or take a buck or two.

The old cold war single desk warriors are one about a royal commision into prices saying farmers getting gouged. They seem to forget all the costs associated with getting grain to destination.

L D commodities got burnt in our state due to bidding up for port slotsthen a-failed harvest about 6 years ago did $45 to 50 per tonne loss.

Aint been in my state since.

I know im the only one on Agriville and i make zero apologies traders make money lose money and are needed in a liquid volatile transperant market. I know i think 100% different than you guys.

It’s different here than western canada.

Maybe 101 and macdon dont hate traders and errol.
                              What am I Maallee... shark bait?

Grin

Hope you had a great St. Pats Day and made lots of Green!!!

I understand Netflicks is showing 'I Am Patrick', a well done CBN.com St. Pattys Day show! Have a peak... St Patrick makes us all look like a bunch of wining crybabies... after what he went through in his life the 5th Century... kidnapped... sold into slavery... then gave his life for the Irish!

Cheers

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...