• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"‘The story was a hoax’: Donald Trump hits out after stunning Washington Post retrac"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"‘The story was a hoax’: Donald Trump hits out after stunning Washington Post retrac"

"www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/the-story-was-a-hoax-..."
    ‘The story was a hoax’: Donald Trump hits out after stunning Washington Post retraction
    Two months after a bombshell story about a leaked Donald Trump phone call, the newspaper that ran it has made a stunning admission.

The Washington Post has published an astonishing retraction two months after a bombshell story about a phone call between Donald Trump and an elections investigator in Georgia.
    The newspaper reported in January that the then President had spoken to Frances Watson in December, asking her to “find the fraud” in the state and that she would be a “national hero” if she did.
    Numerous other US media outlets including CNN, ABC News, NBC News and USA Today all subsequently claimed that they had “confirmed” The Washington Post’s reporting.
    But a newly surfaced recording – which had been deleted from Ms Watson’s device and was only recovered by officials responding to a freedom-of-information request – has revealed the quotes attributed to Mr Trump, and relayed to media by an anonymous source, were false.
    The Washington Post added a lengthy correction to its original story on Monday, admitting that it “misquoted” Mr Trump based on “information provided by a source”.
    “Correction: Two months after publication of this story, the Georgia Secretary of State released an audio recording of President Donald Trump’s December phone call with the state’s top elections investigator,” the note read.
    “The recording revealed that The Post misquoted Trump’s comments on the call, based on information provided by a source. Trump did not tell the investigator to ‘find the fraud’ or say she would be ‘a national hero’ if she did so.
    “Instead, Trump urged the investigator to scrutinise ballots in Fulton County, Georgia, asserting she would find ‘dishonesty’ there. He also told her that she had ‘the most important job in the country right now’. A story about the recording can be found here. The headline and text of this story have been corrected to remove quotes misattributed to Trump.”
    CNN also issued a correction on Monday. Its original story included the same quotes, saying they came from “a source with knowledge of the call”.
    “Editor’s note: An earlier version of this story, published January 9, presented paraphrasing of the President’s comments to the Georgia elections investigator as direct quotes,” the note said.
    “The story has been updated following the discovery of an audio recording of the call.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/the-story-was-a-hoax-donald-trump-hits-out-after-stunning-washington-post-retraction/news-story/4316de0c552800a040bc59332cd79964

'Strange' that some how we need to get the news report from AU... as US news outlets basically covered up the Washington Post blunder...
    Except for Fox reporters... which US mainstream media often 'calls names'...

It was noted on CBN tonite that the above false story was quoted extensively in the Trump 2nd Impeachment Hearing by the Democrat prosecution team.

Cheers
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Mar 18, 2021, 01:05.

Yes that is really nice. And they did a retraction when they found out they were misled a bit.
    I am happy for you that you found 1
    Thing to cling to in four years .
    How about taking a run at Trumps lies and do the necessary
    Retractions on them.
    You see that is the difference,honest folks will do a retraction. Where are his?
    Since you are all of a sudden interested in honesty .
    You could do his retractions for him. Save him , so to speak.
    At least you would know you had something to do everyday for the rest of your life.
    What are you going to tackle first ?, Mexico paying for a wall, a new great heath care plan, covid going to zero,
    Not sleeping with those ladies , not paying them off.
    Election fraud.? You really should leave that job to a younger Person.
    Last edited by sawfly1; Mar 18, 2021, 02:36.

Comment

..."Since you are all of a sudden interested in honesty .'...

Happy Easter!

Cheer up! President Biden makes President Trump look like St. Patrick!

Many Blessings... as you ponder your special appreciation for President Trump... and me!

Oh I see you added to your list of hypocrisy!!!

[John 8] 3The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4and said to Jesus, ‘Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?’ 6They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.
      But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, ‘Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.’ 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.
      9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10Jesus straightened up and asked her, ‘Woman, where are they? Has no-one condemned you?’
      11 ‘No-one, sir,’ she said.
      ‘Then neither do I condemn you,’ Jesus declared. ‘Go now and leave your life of sin.’
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Mar 18, 2021, 02:46.

Comment

Tom I could care less who donnie sleeps with.
        It is the lieing.
        From your bible quote are you implying it is OK to lie about everything. Because other folks have lied on occasion.

Not really a Christian myself but if that is your veiw , then that explains your Trump support the last 4 years in spite of his lies everyday.

I am glad you are saying that and not me. I would not want to be accused of religous discrimination.

I guess I just mistakenly had a slightly higher opinion of what Christian principles were, than yourself.and being one , you would actually know. My bad for that

I will admit , that is not a real
        Giant surprise, considering after Trumps 1000s of lies, you post about a paper getting a fact wrong and retracting it. AND , you start
        Chucking stones on a farm forum from rural Alberta to Washington DC.
        My friend that takes some giant Hypocritical gonads.
        Your stone throwing story right after your stone throwing.
        That is a good one LOL
        I enjoyed that.

And here I thought the whole
        Christian thing , was we all sin , but if you repent , then you are good to go.
        Which sounds OK.
        And that is what the paper did.

But old donnie only does the first part, never the repent part.does he?
        Maybe you were sick that day in Sunday school and could have missed
        All about the repent part.

Or maybe some Christian's are just hypocrites and have different Rules for different people.
        Attack a repentant newspaper.
        And excuse an unrepentant liar

I am beginning to think the latter.
        Last edited by sawfly1; Mar 18, 2021, 04:47.

Comment

I hope Donald Trump sues for millions. All those lying democratic pawns should pay the price. This crap went on every day for four years. Wouldn’t it be something if the Georgia probe could overturn the election?

Comment

One thing is probably a given ....the person on the other end of the phone call more than likely ignored the request anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
              "www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/the-story-was-a-hoax-..."
              ‘

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/media/the-story-was-a-hoax-donald-trump-hits-out-after-stunning-washington-post-retraction/news-story/4316de0c552800a040bc59332cd79964

'Strange' that some how we need to get the news report from AU... as US news outlets basically covered up the Washington Post blunder...
              Except for Fox reporters... which US mainstream media often 'calls names'...

Cheers
              Tom since it was the Wall Street Journal which broke the story last week, and resulted in the correction and not a retraction presented in the Washington Post on March 11th, and not an Australian newpaper article on March 16th which you linked to, will you be making a retraction orcorrection of you statement above? Also, the story of the retraction was not just carried by Australia but can be found on the same day as your story by news publications across the US and the world; again much different than what you are suggesting.

And by the way, was the entire story a hoax as you imply or a case of wrongly attributed quotes. The recording shows Trump did not say those two phases attributed to him. However, it appears those quotes were accurate from the actual source of the story as documented from the details contained in the Washinton Post's retraction.
              "We corrected the story and published a separate news story last week — at the top of our site and on the front page — after we learned that our source had not been precise in relaying then President Trump’s words. We are not retracting our January story because it conveyed the substance of Trump’s attempt to influence the work of Georgia’s elections investigators."

Most importantly, is what was said and documented in the recording. Here is Trumps actual words:
              "On the recording, there was no “find the fraud.” But there was this: “If you can get to Fulton, you are going to find things that are going to be unbelievable — the dishonesty,” said Trump."
              There was no “national hero.” But there was this: “When the right answer comes out, you’ll be praised. … People will say, ‘Great.’ Because that’s what it’s about — that ability to check and to make it right,” Trump told Watson. https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/16/washington-post-correction-trump-call-georgia-investigator/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/03/16/washington-post-correction-trump-call-georgia-investigator/

It appears your posting is misrepresenting the news in the same way as the Washington Post did so I am sure given your attack on the Post for its action you will be correcting your statements. Right?
              Last edited by dmlfarmer; Mar 18, 2021, 07:06.

Comment

All Donald Trump asked was for the governor to look into the election count in one county.

Comment

Trump is gone, we now need to embrace the most popular leader in modern times who was elected in the most secure election of all time. People have spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Trump is gone, we now need to embrace the most popular leader in modern times who was elected in the most secure election of all time. People have spoken.

That’s just one example, jazz. There are dozens of those dementia clips out there. Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      All Donald Trump asked was for the governor to look into the election count in one county.
                      Really? Why are you bringing up the governor? Have you listened to the tape of the actual call between the Georgia chief investigator Watson (in which led to the mis quotes) and Trump? The Washington Post provided online the tape of the actual call back on MARCH 11 when they made the correction to the story. You can listen to the call at https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-call-georgia-investigator/2021/03/11/c532ea2e-827a-11eb-ac37-4383f7709abe_story.html https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-call-georgia-investigator/2021/03/11/c532ea2e-827a-11eb-ac37-4383f7709abe_story.html

Amazing how people are irate over misinformation by the Post but have no problem spreading misinformation themselves such as you and Tom are doing

BTW: Trump also made an hour long call to Brad Raffensperger Georgia Secretary of State where he does a lot more than simply asking for the election count to be checked. A tape of that call as well as a written transcript of the call can be found at:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html

I love this Trump statement from the tape: "Oh, I don't know, look Brad. I got to get ... I have to find 12,000 votes and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state"

Trump was not looking for a count check,. He was looking for just enough more votes to win..
                      Last edited by dmlfarmer; Mar 18, 2021, 12:50.

Comment

And yes Jazz , when slight dementia
                        Is a 1000% improvement over Donny.
                        Hell I hardly even have to watch the news anymore. Biden may do the
                        Odd stumble but he is not starting race wars. And
                        Democracy in north America is safe for another 4 years. Atleast Until
                        They elect another Putinesque clown
                        Like Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                          And yes Jazz , when slight dementia
                          Is a 1000% improvement over Donny.
                          Hell I hardly even have to watch the news anymore. Biden may do the
                          Odd stumble but he is not starting race wars. And
                          Democracy in north America is safe for another 4 years. Atleast Until
                          They elect another Putinesque clown
                          Like Trump.
                          Seriously? Are you competing for the "Absolute Biggest Fool of the Year" award?

Looks like you are running a pretty good chance, but then the left never ceases to amaze in that regard.

You left-wingers never seem to get tired of showing that you know nothing.

Comment

Come on guys , 15 will be zero, (600,000)it will go away in the spring. No fall surge.
                            Neo nazi's are very good people too. Mexico will pay for the wall. He has the best health plan ever. And that is just a taste.
                            Biden could lose his marbles completely and never top that.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              I once congratulated a notsodumb guy.

But that same person apparently is being fed a diet that does not include a 1 1/2 hour audiotape about "Give me a break" "all I need is 11780 votes" and T***P was repeatedly told by Georgian Republican officials that "Trumps information and accusations were not true"

So now that sumdumb guy more than makes me wonder how he could be writing the statements he has penned on this forum.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...