• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three important issues in W.Canada agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three most important ag issues.

1) Sales reporting
    2) Getting rid of the whole climate change/green new steal scam. No carbon taxes and no offsets.
    3) Higher rates of interest. This is what provides discipline to ag input costs. This also promotes savvy business management and innovation. It would allow small and medium operators to grow efficiently and slow the consolidation to larger less efficient entities. For example we would eliminate industry costs of relocating bin yards every summer as well as a lot of grain bagging. Having a dozen million dollar combines on the road is simply not efficient but that is what happens in an artificially low rate environment. Much more efficient to have a half dozen operation running 2 machines each with a more local land base.

Comment

Honourable mention issue.

Aversion to change. - Can list issues that need to disappear or can try and think of ways to work with those issues as permanent things. Ie) environmental concerns.

Comment

On your checkoff number, I actually think the weeds need to be thinned to two representative groups, grains and oilseeds. Too many groups means too little influence.

Why should soybeans be thrown in with a grouping based on its nitrogen fixing quality?

Is pulses going to future insist that it owns the checkoff dollars to some grain or oilseed that eventually is modified to produce its own nitrogen?

As far as I'm concerned, soybeans and canola are common products, and should be together under the oilseeds banner.

On the carbon tax, push me too close to where I am wasting my time, and I will quit this business. Come on, Just In Trouble, wake those federal advisors to pluck up.

Comment

FYI Delaney Boyd said in a webinar that notill farming will not be eligible for the offset program in Saskatchewan

Comment

Looks like western Canada needs more Buffalo

Comment

And Alberta is shitcanning their farming offsets as well

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                And Alberta is shitcanning their farming offsets as well
                Alberta shitcans everything. If you aren’t O&G or coal then you’re nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                  Three most important ag issues.

1) Sales reporting
                  2) Getting rid of the whole climate change/green new steal scam. No carbon taxes and no offsets.
                  3) Higher rates of interest. This is what provides discipline to ag input costs. This also promotes savvy business management and innovation. It would allow small and medium operators to grow efficiently and slow the consolidation to larger less efficient entities. For example we would eliminate industry costs of relocating bin yards every summer as well as a lot of grain bagging. Having a dozen million dollar combines on the road is simply not efficient but that is what happens in an artificially low rate environment. Much more efficient to have a half dozen operation running 2 machines each with a more local land base.
                  Your list looks the best and would add one point.

#4. Fight any new environmental regulation or code that is pushed on farmers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...