• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EV bullshit , fact checking

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forage , chuck .... what the make and model of your EV’s ???
    Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Forage , chuck .... what the make and model of your EV’s ???
      Just curious
      There are 300 million 2wheel scooters in China alone today, over 80% are lead acid battery electric. The transition to more efficient lithium batteries will be a big challenge. India is close behind, 1billion scooters in total globally. Canada is in a totally different situation with EV's. I can see all the grandchildren having E scooters in rural Alberta for around town.

Cheers
      Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jun 15, 2021, 02:51.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
        There are 300 million 2wheel scooters in China alone today, over 80% are lead acid battery electric. The transition to more efficient lithium batteries will be a big challenge. India is close behind, 1billion scooters in total globally. Canada is in a totally different situation with EV's. I can see all the grandchildren having E scooters in rural Alberta for around town.

Cheers
        I use a onewheel XR to get around. I can throw it in the cab of any farm vehicle and have transportation that's a lot better than walking. About 10minutes to go 2miles on a gravel road. It weighs about 25lbs and has a range of 10miles on gravel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	771196

Comment

Electricity and batteries will be used to power many things.

I doubt many farmers would like to give up their battery powered impact wrenches and other tools.

They are used every workday on our farm. It would suck to go back to only the ratchet or be tied to an air tool.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Electricity and batteries will be used to power many things.

I doubt many farmers would like to give up their battery powered impact wrenches and other tools.

They are used every workday on our farm. It would suck to go back to only the ratchet or be tied to an air tool.
            That's true. The EV experience has to be better than ICE vehicles the same way that cordless electric tools have become better than air powered tools. How many farmers would give up GPS auto steer? Drive a vehicle with auto steer for 2+ years and tell me that it's ok to go back to manually steering. The biggest reason to go electric right now is Autopilot. It's a total game changer and once you've experienced it anything else feels dated. As of today I can do a road trip in my 2018 model electric car that is 500km total distance with a 15minute stop in the middle ($7-9 charging cost). This is hardly a sacrifice considering most normal people do not drive 5 hours without stopping. Of those 500km I would probably have to manually steer for about 1%.

Comment

good info !
              nice to have an experienced , rational view on progress !

Comment

So tell me, where do you charge on the road? And is it really 15 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
                  I use a onewheel XR to get around. I can throw it in the cab of any farm vehicle and have transportation that's a lot better than walking. About 10minutes to go 2miles on a gravel road. It weighs about 25lbs and has a range of 10miles on gravel.

[ATTACH]8093[/ATTACH]

Where did you buy that XR? Looks like $1800 US off their website, is there a Canadian dealer.
                  Looks like a great gift idea for the kids. Would be fun in Whistler.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    So tell me, where do you charge on the road? And is it really 15 minutes?
                    The new v3 supercharger in Gasoline Alley. This is what it looks like with my 2018 but the new ones have more range...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.57.31 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	771199

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...