• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Drought to Flood

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Drought to Flood

Raining hard here east of Edmonton. Going to rain more this afternoon and turn to snow. Repeat of last year when 2.25 in on May 21 started next year country. Once it is this wet in the middle of May, there is no place to go with the heavy June rains and so you have a flood. Rather have a poor crop from drought rather than a flood.

I sure know what you mean
    And feel your pain
    It’s the shits

Comment

If you are on Environment Canada forecast just below is the norms and extremes. If you click on the days from today on, it is very encouraging to see the precipation increase each day. Here’s hoping. 🙏🏼

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
        If you are on Environment Canada forecast just below is the norms and extremes. If you click on the days from today on, it is very encouraging to see the precipation increase each day. Here’s hoping. 🙏🏼
        Those buttons don't eork here.
        They dumped about 100yrs of data. We see 2007 to 2013 only.
        Can't see yesterday.

Comment

My greatest fear!
          That really sucks and have lived that same scenario many times.
          Good luck with it all

Comment

Perhaps a little further east and south of you.
            In Camrose today coming down steady.
            Home, hit and miss, only 10mm by this am. 10 miles east of me 0.
            Last year missed the deluge by 15 miles.
            Nothing like Wasetenau area though.
            Good luck. Im not afraid of rain here.

Comment

Send it our way. Our parched earth could take a lot, muchos gracios.

Comment

3/10 in a storm last light around 2:30

2/10 and some hail in a storm around lunch today.

Another one looks to be coming in now.

Grass is loving it. Crops will be but hope the canola keeps its head tucked until this cold passes.

Comment

Biblically disgusting here today. 50mph wind off that storm system to the north of us.

No visible horizon for blowing dirt, some fields have completely opened up with dust clouds billowing what looks like hundreds if not thousands of feet into the air. Wife headed into town and had to let me go while talking on the phone as she said it was like driving in a blizzard.

Ran the drill out of seed, and got out to dig in the furrow I had made yesterday. DRY... had mud on the friggin boots and packers. If it doesnt rain, I've successfully stranded my last 400 acres into dry dirt even though I seeded into beautiful moisture.

Phuck it. I'm going drinking!

Comment

Just looked out the shop door .
                    Ah 1988 the good old days ,
                    As black as it is today , just think if we tilled like we did back then, no significant precip since November. Edmonton is only 225 miles away, will take anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly View Post
                      Just looked out the shop door .
                      Ah 1988 the good old days ,
                      As black as it is today , just think if we tilled like we did back then, no significant precip since November. Edmonton is only 225 miles away, will take anything.
                      Same here now

Comment

Got 2/10 of measurable precipitation plus hail in about 10 minutes. Think the snow coming looks to be north of us a ways. Hope furrow the system doesn’t Peter out before it gets to you.

Comment

I think we are stuck in the middle by all weather models I see
                          Just dry cold air coming here
                          Seen one hint of lows of -10 to -13 possible Thursday morning in NW sask and NE Alberta .

Comment

1 inch of rain so far, and just started snowing. Moving the sprayer to the shop. 0 degrees forecast for tonight, -3 tomorrow night, and -2 Thursday night. Supposed to be below zero for 7-8 hours each night, and usually 3-4 degrees cooler than the forecast low.

Kinda glad I had a little delay getting going seeding and just started 4 days ago. Some guys started may 1st and have peas, wheat, and barley up in rows. Even the odd guy with canola up. Lots of nervousness coming out in conversations.

Comment

Flea , you should go to Vegas lol 👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...