• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost Damage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the human progress they can't tell the people that 72% of the C02 comes from your home and thats where the buck stops.
    Fosil fuels first. Food starting with meat. Just eat beans. Nothing that requires transportation or irrigation.
    Unless it comes from China.
    They will just continue to expand. The have financed 1000+ coal plants in silk road countries as cheap power is the key to suppling the world with manufactued goods.
    We supply them with cheap price manipulated commodities and they supply the Amazon's

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
      On the human progress they can't tell the people that 72% of the C02 comes from your home and thats where the buck stops.
      Fosil fuels first. Food starting with meat. Just eat beans. Nothing that requires transportation or irrigation.
      Unless it comes from China.
      They will just continue to expand. The have financed 1000+ coal plants in silk road countries as cheap power is the key to suppling the world with manufactued goods.
      We supply them with cheap price manipulated commodities and they supply the Amazon's
      Planet/left bastards are so F*CKED!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Planet/left bastards are so F*CKED!
        There is only one planet in the solar system these people kind a from ...... and it ain’t earth 🌍

Comment

I farmed in nw sask and I seeded pretty well as soon as I could pull my airdrill through my fairly silty soils. Quite a few years I would start around the 20th of April . I started with canola and often times it would only emerge with the first flush of weeds, around the 5th of may.My reseeding rate was below 5%. My canola wasn’t always pretty in June but come harvest time I felt early seeding worked for our farm.It brought anxious times with the type of weather we are experiencing right now but paid off on the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by kANOLA View Post
            I farmed in nw sask and I seeded pretty well as soon as I could pull my airdrill through my fairly silty soils. Quite a few years I would start around the 20th of April . I started with canola and often times it would only emerge with the first flush of weeds, around the 5th of may.My reseeding rate was below 5%. My canola wasn’t always pretty in June but come harvest time I felt early seeding worked for our farm.It brought anxious times with the type of weather we are experiencing right now but paid off on the long run.
            Agree , but did in that time ever experience over 30 hrs of below zero in a 72 hr period in extreme dry conditions?
            Just curious is all , because absolutely no one I know has .
            No doubt I know exactly what your talking about but that area always was 2-3 c warmer than outlying areas . It was a consistent good call for that area 👍
            -2 if far different than -4 or -5 , and that is the difference 90% of the time from your area to others in area . That and straw cover, topography, lake effect, and soil type . A lot of factors into what made that work , only 20 miles away .
            Go from your area to Glaslyn ... completely different worlds with 20 min drive .

Comment

Not only temp but length of time of below zero can be vastly different within miles

Comment

NB airport can be up at 4c and still below zero here by 7 am .... that’s 6 miles away

Comment

Long shadows and bright sunshine just before sunset after a cold cloudy day do not foretell good things.

Comment

Furrow I totally agree with you ,there are a lot of different factors that come in to play.It did work for us in our location.

Comment

Its at 0 already tonight and clear so looks like an all night frost tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by redleaf View Post
                        Long shadows and bright sunshine just before sunset after a cold cloudy day do not foretell good things.
                        Hopefully limited damage for all in prone areas
                        We have had to reseed 2 times in the last 30 years . Both times it turned out good . Excellent ground cover, good weed control after , early variety.
                        Only once we left a badly damaged field that was very questionable that was a wreck ... weeds for 10 years .
                        The rest of the time , canola turns out just fine with low , even populations and good weed control.
                        95% of the time it’s best to leave it alone .
                        We wait up to 2 weeks after the early guys seed canola , but we are frost prone way more than most here , less than some , that also applies to fall , so as others have said here , some of us have to thread a needle at times .
                        Some don’t understand that, especially those who don’t physically grow canola
                        Thank goodness the moisture is there now for most to help the decision, 3 days ago it was not
                        Canola population that was hit 3 times already still ok as of tonight , still 3-4 plants per sq ft .
                        hopefully still ok by noon tomorrow. Same in a very big area in NW sask and other canola growing zones .
                        Good luck , every area different .
                        More riding on this canola crop than ever with current price and highly inflated expenses now and into fall .

One size never fits all , every situation different.

Longer growing seasons are a farce in most of western Canada .... as evident again right now .
                        Frost free days determine growing seasons not armchair climatologists .

Cleared off here too , hopefully be ok . After this it looks promising for now .
                        Still long ways to bin regardless yet .

Comment

5 degrees in Regina right now. The satellite shows us under some light cloud cover, then a narrow clearing before a substantial front moving in. Hopefully very slight risk for tonight with a north wind. But tomorrow could be another story.

Comment

-3 in the swamp
                            5 years in a row
                            Just weather right chuck

Comment

Fu king global warming, climate scam the whole bullshit the liberals spread.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                                Hopefully it’s not cold long enough to do much damage.
                                I realize cloud cover overnight helps insulate and keep temps more moderate but it seem like a lot of days during the growing season are cloudy not allowing surface temps to warm up as much.
                                Is it me or do we get less blue bird days than I remember?
                                was only -1 here but there is more damage already viable than the last three below zero nights combined here. plants finally got moisture and 80% were dark and frozen stiff at 5 am.
                                hopefully growing point still ok. just needed to get by one more day and it was still ok.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...