• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

As of this morning, we will get to 84% Done. That leaves 16% left to go for liberals doing new math.

It's cold plus 2 at 5 AM and we're off to get some more Canola in the ground before the Rain/Snow/Frosts come the next two to three days.

Seeded the burnt area that the fire hit about two weeks ago and hit a tree on side of the road because I couldn't see the shank for the dust going that direction. Quick fix and were off to the races again yesterday.

Most ground has moisture to start a crop but without a long slow warm rain event, this next storm won't cure the drought. I'm sorry to say this is like filling your tank with gas because you found 5 dollars on the street. How far will that get you.

Wheat is up on a lot of the real early seeded fields and most have nice rows with the odd spot struggling to come up as it's that dry. Later seeded jumped out the last two days and caught up to early seeded.

Barley is also poking out of the ground or just up on most.

Peas need a good soaking to get up and running but you can start to see rows on early seeded fields.

No canola is up yet on this side of the valley but some early seeders south will have seeds germinated and out of the ground.

Guys are rushing to finish seeding and yes if you have a quarter left you probably seeded late last night to get done. If you have 10 it's just another day at the office. But I do know if the weather would have held most in our area would have been done by Saturday.

It's the May long weekend and like normal it will be cold could snow and maybe one hot day threw in. Have fun all you campers and cottage openers.

Might go north also if it rains to see how low the lake really is.

Anhydrous was on time as usual for delivery. Did hear of a system in Manitoba where all the tanks have a monitor with some sort of cell beacon that lets a dispatch know when the tank is 30% or more to send the trucks. Could be interesting but then if you get stuck on the bottom 30% the guy comes for nothing.

Parts are insane and some big-time dealers are real crooks.

Bearing for a roller that a Regina supplier has in stock is 70 a piece we bought two for the shelf but blew the third one on a custom roller. So went to the local BTO dealer it's a 210 and a cheap shit one. I understand mark up but this is ****ing insane. Happened Saturday and the Regina supplier is closed. So convenience i guess is worth triple.

So how about that inflation in Canada up up and up went the other night after seeding to get groceries in City at 10 to 10. Came out spending $220 dollars. I carried it out in two new paper bags (.15 cents they charge for ****ing bags) plus 4 flats of bottled water and a case of pop.

Just like the first ****ing Trudeau if you print money and create federal debt you have inflation.

Skippy has a new bill 10 that will end a lot of Twitter accounts and probably this Site because the CRTC will be able to cancel content. So my offensive crop report to idiots like Chuck will cause me to be censored and ended.

Liberal corruption is so much fun.

One more on the idiot front from our PM pushing crap down on farmers.

The Feds want all farmers to cut back on fertilizer by up to 30%.

So if you're putting down 120Lbs of Anhydrous now that's 36lbs you will have to trim.

Or a starter fertilizer of the same amount that's another 36Lbs less.

Variable they say isn't the answer and they won't accept what was doing on that front. This is a cut of 30% with zero science. Just because they feel it's bad.

So what will happen to our yields I can tell you real fast the spike in crop yields is going to drop like a ****ing stone. But then a Gov panel will ask why years down the road are farmers not making money.

This is insane as it gets but from a liberal gov, there is more shit like this coming once they get a majority.

Farmers, we are the next ones they are going after once they crushed or thought they crushed oil.

So by far, this has been the fastest seeding the province has seen in years. No David Philips it's not the dryest year farmers have ever seen. My dad is in his 90s and remembers 1961 the year it never rained and the 80s I remember. ****ing Environment climate change Canada.

Oh on the weather app for radar I have dropped the new stupid environment Canada radar and go with WunderMap.
    Way better.

Have a great long weekend and be safe.

Wheat seeded on the ground that the fire burnt.

AAC Connect Barley

Comment

Pears are coming up

Seeding on the fire ground

Will it rain today?

Comment

Money is all in the ground and nothing up yet. Canola is just germinated but not above surface yet so should avoid any freezing precip. A few guys have some wheat and lentils up already.

After 2019 we put canola in first now. Rather take a chance on a May frost than a November snow storm followed by spring harvest.

Comment

We always won’t seed canola till after toe 10 may.

Nice cool morning out here seen a big male moose and a mother hiding in the trees with two little little calves. I’m bot going close.

Rain is just at Regina now heading NE.

Might get to 86% if no break downs and both rigs are running nice.

Comment

Comment

Thanx SF, we finished up at 5:30 last evening and hoping a big rain materializes. It looks like Weyburn area is getting rain now. Regina, just a drizzle now.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                As of this morning, we will get to 84% Done. That leaves 16% left to go for liberals doing new math.
                LMAO great one right out the gate. Thanks for laugh. Glad to see your almost done thanks for the update

Comment

2 good days canola left.
                  Sitting since Monday night.
                  Hopefully can go by Saturday.

Comment

Sit and wait game here till Monday/ Tuesday then asses situation.

Comment

Snow pellets now

Comment

Will finish seeding today. Most in the area are done or less than 30% left. Canola is out of the ground, -2 last night and snow coming tonight. Might be reseeding next week.

Comment

Woke up at 3:30 AM and went to check that heater in greenhouse was still running to keep tomatoes and such alive. Thermometer here read -5. I can see frost damage on maple tree leaves here in my yard. Cruised field looked at barley (it’s all up) and no sign of damage yet. Canola thankfully still below surface. Not a drop of rain or snow yet.

Comment

Good day to all.

We have had about 6 inches of wet snow since about 7 am. To say the least this moisture is welcomed. Would have preferred warm rain , but this works too! Seeding is getting wrapped up in my area , some are 1/2 done , etc . but there has been some serious dry dirt that we were seeding into. This moisture will help , because two days ago we had a 60 mph wind and a lot of real estate was changing hands. Living in the SW corner we are used to drought like conditions , although I don't wish that on anyone either. I could handle another 2010 year where I had irrigation quality/quantity hay on dryland !

Good luck to all you guys and gals with seeding.

we have a Leader of this country who couldn't book Lassie into a dog show!

The ass hole is too stupid for human comprehension, period.

The Liberal loving people out there have to really question this idiot , but what would I know LOL !

Comment

One quarter left and its heavy wheat straw that is pure mud under the straw. Running the salford over it before the coming snow and rain.
                              No till direct seeding will not work on my farm. We froze up dry then had little snow and a dry spring with the last three days with crazy heat and wind.
                              If you don’t rip though it in the fall it is a struggle!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...