• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Were freezing out here on the 20 th of May and chucks out there believe its warming ! ****ing FOOLS !

Where's the drought payment liberal backstabbers !

**** off ag retailers !

The only shortage is Rain !
    Yes waiting for chucky Poo to tell us all that these freezing Temps are good for us.

Comment

Beaver count is 24, last one was so close and big he filled the scope, why I have a open sight on a different gun, seeding going fine.

Comment

Nothing but dry cold here
        -2 at 11 pm

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Nothing but dry cold here
          -2 at 11 pm
          Dry cold, dry rain, dry frost, dry.....whatever....

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
            Dry cold, dry rain, dry frost, dry.....whatever....
            Have fun next 5 days , won’t be easy for the majority in western Canada
            Hopefully moisture fell for the cattle people kind that need it .
            And millions
            of acres that are emerged never got wiped out .
            10h frost last night , probably the same Tonight or more .
            Furnaces on all over Western Canada paying carbon taxes ..... maybe someday people will clue in ....

Comment

Spit most of the night In Regina at times heavy than light. Checked the three farm gauges. anywhere from 1.2 in at best to .37 at worst. So no drought buster so far. Cold as **** right now have the fireplace on and the furnace ran yesterday. Chuck and every ****ing idiot who vote liberal can just go **** off right now.

Comment

Curious why Chuck doesn't update us on his seeding progress?

Comment

Hopefully moisture fell for the cattle people kind that need it .
                  And millions
                  of acres that are emerged never got wiped out .
                  10h frost last night , probably the same Tonight or more .
                  Furnaces on all over Western Canada paying carbon taxes ..... maybe someday people will clue in ....
                  People, or the majority of them, will never clue in. Most people have had it so good for so long that they have no appreciation for what got us to where we are today.

it appears that this may be about to change.

And people will still not clue in because that lying "beastly" Liberal government has proven absolutely masterful at deflecting their guilt onto someone else.

And because we farmers hold a lot of wealth, we will be the scapegoats, along with a few others selected to be sacrificed for the "public good".
                  Last edited by burnt; May 21, 2021, 16:55.

Comment

Anyway, my small acreage of crop is all in the ground as is most of the crop in the area. Except for edibles, it appears.

The soil conditions were about perfect, if maybe a bit on the dry side, and now we're waiting for rain. Not desperate, but watching for productive clouds.

The creeks are already very low for this time of year.

We went into the fall dry and the snow melt this spring caused almost zero flooding in the usual areas. As someone remarked just yesterday, the spring melt brought the creeks and rivers up for about 2 days and it was over.

EDIT: Also, we went for frosts about every night for a week or more to cooking hot just like that. It is hitting 25 - 29C that last few days and the grass is jumping and this old geezer is collapsing from the heat. Just can't take it anymore, it seems.

Dug some drainage tiles into a perennially springy sidehill a couple of weeks ago and they have already stopped running, not a good sign in my estimation. That sidehill has been a soggy spot for the entire 56 years that I have lived on this farm. I remember getting stuck there with the disc or cultivator when I was a little kid too stupid to stay out of a wet spot.

Happened to find an arrowhead in that spot when I was in about Grade 6 in the public school we just got moved to from the one-room country school. I took it along to show my "buddies" there, very proud and happy.

It looked just about like this one, but the double flare at the shaft end was less pronounced -

Click image for larger version

Name:	Arrowhead.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	771108

Put it in my desk afterward and when I went to get it out when it was time to go home, it was gone. I was devastated.

So there were a few Liberals around even back then...
                    Last edited by burnt; May 21, 2021, 06:23.

Comment

Boboo our minister of Ag , makes 300 large doing nothing. She has a net worth of over 5 mill and sits and also collects a wage from two other organizations. Yea nothing at all ag-related but she is our minister.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Boboo our minister of Ag , makes 300 large doing nothing. She has a net worth of over 5 mill and sits and also collects a wage from two other organizations. Yea nothing at all ag-related but she is our minister.
                        And when they come after those of us who work and produce to tax and take what we've earned, those like BooBoo will sit unscathed and completely insulated from the devastation they caused.

Unless, of course, the commoners decide to storm the Bastille once again.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
                          And when they come after those of us who work and produce to tax and take what we've earned, those like BooBoo will sit unscathed and completely insulated from the devastation they caused.

Unless, of course, the commoners decide to storm the Bastille once again.
                          It will happen, but, I'm not sure what it will take to get the majority of commoners to turn against the hand that has been generously feeding them. Likely won't happen until they have completely killed the golden goose and the money tree runs dry.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            It will happen, but, I'm not sure what it will take to get the majority of commoners to turn against the hand that has been generously feeding them. Likely won't happen until they have completely killed the golden goose and the money tree runs dry.
                            The money tree has run dry....Canada is borrowing money...and giving it away to foreign countries.

We have a trillion dollar debt and Canadians are funding infrastructure projects to help China.

Agriculture exports are helping the Canadian dollar yet as an industry farmers are completely ignored.

People in the governments of both Saskatchewan and Ottawa will think the drought is over because their Victoria Day weekend has been ruined again by the weather.

As I look out at a white landscape , I know the drought is not over.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              As I look out at a white landscape , I know the drought is not over.
                              Thats hilarious. After we had about 2 tenths of rain yesterday, my city acquaintances were talking like it was the end of the drought.

They literally have ZERO clue what it takes to bring a crop in.

telling them our story, like the AgMoreThanEver crowd thinks is the key will just back fire. Best they are kept in the dark and let them guess.

Comment

Hopefully moisture fell for the cattle people kind that need it.
                                Hay crop is all but done here. The fat lady sang last November. Pastures are brown along with my lawn.

Cropland, 12 hours below zero followed by a high of +1 then another 12 hours below zero, with scheduled high of +5, followed by what I assume is another 12 hours of below zero tonight. That will kick alot of crop in the nuts. Cereals and peas included. Btw its still -4 here....

Worst thing is we have very poor germination. So next few days we wear out a pair of coveralls and couple pair of gloves. My guess is 20-30% of canola is up. Maybe 20% still coming and rest is in dry ground now. Hopefully not too many with a cracked seed and quit.

Scic will be contacted no matter what. They make the call on establishment, not assumptions from us. I know their game and play by their rules.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...