• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Thats hilarious. After we had about 2 tenths of rain yesterday, my city acquaintances were talking like it was the end of the drought.

They literally have ZERO clue what it takes to bring a crop in.

telling them our story, like the AgMoreThanEver crowd thinks is the key will just back fire. Best they are kept in the dark and let them guess.
    Agmorethanever and domoreag or any other nonsense is just a scam for a few people to make money on self promotion.

Comment

Icicles hanging off the Caraganas And the Good Lord took a likin to us. 😁

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Agmorethanever and domoreag or any other nonsense is just a scam for a few people to make money on self promotion.
        If some woke city dweller asks whats in the sprayer, tell them its climate change fairy dust funded by Gates.
        They will love it.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Reseed 2021 !
          Yup...I will just be finishing as some finish for the second time...thats gotta be productive.

Re-seeding costs money ...doesn't it? Or is it a freebee?

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
            Hay crop is all but done here. The fat lady sang last November. Pastures are brown along with my lawn.

Cropland, 12 hours below zero followed by a high of +1 then another 12 hours below zero, with scheduled high of +5, followed by what I assume is another 12 hours of below zero tonight. That will kick alot of crop in the nuts. Cereals and peas included. Btw its still -4 here....

Worst thing is we have very poor germination. So next few days we wear out a pair of coveralls and couple pair of gloves. My guess is 20-30% of canola is up. Maybe 20% still coming and rest is in dry ground now. Hopefully not too many with a cracked seed and quit.

Scic will be contacted no matter what. They make the call on establishment, not assumptions from us. I know their game and play by their rules.
            Ya very similar everywhere here

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Excuse me.
              I thought domoreag was focusing on farm mental health? One of us needs to be educated.

Comment

Just got to the farm and realize the rain turned to ice rain at midnight and kept coming. Trees down power lines down and no power for 12 hrs so far.

2 inches in old stand by rain gauge. All weather stations frozen covered 1/2 inch of ice or more still raining.

You continue to hear trees snap all over the place.

So yea a good rain we have and the damage to the yard I can replace trees.

See **** head Trudeau I will plant more new trees than you again.

Comment

Such a shame to lose mature trees. Rain gauge ice/snow melted in house, 17mm of precip.

Comment

The cool week coming up for sask. Looks better later on maybe Thursday to Friday.

I wonder why Chuck never comments on what he is doing on the farm!

Comment

chuck must be way out there in outer space !

smoke some more weed its legal !
                      Someone posted FO Chuck a few days ago. Which I can only assume stands for Far Out, since it so aptly describes his state of mind, or lack thereof.

Comment

Just when we thought drought was going to be the big issue this yr.
                        Now its frost..

Comment

Usually, in a dry year, you can have midge and also Frosts.

Comment

We will see how Starbuck handles midge.

Comment

Have not checked for midge for yrs.
                              Midge tolerant varieties.
                              Landmark the last few..

Comment

No Rain and frost makes hard to make a million or two !
                                Ah shit, crop insurance and trudeau will make up for the shortfall....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...