• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Totals some are good some are ok and some WTF Piss all.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Totals some are good some are ok and some WTF Piss all.

We have a few stations we monitor and so far its.

Yard .37 and some snow now.

South up to 1.21 inches so great rain.

North .27 so bad bad bad.

West Rain .87 will do nicely.

So basically all over the map.

Regina 1.39

Indian head about the same.

More the next few days but moisture is a good thing just could have used a bit more at the yard and north.

2 inches of snow amounts to SFA.

Comment

Zero N
      Zero S
      Zero E
      Zero W

Here lol

-2 still now from 11 pm

So far you are in the garden of eden in most western Canada lol

Comment

This is the first time in 3 yrs that we have had a good general rain in May. Its been June 10th and one year was June 20th.

Comment

No rain and still minus 1 yesterday
          Afternoon, minus 3 this am.
          Canola in a black spot looked Ok
          Under trash not so good , yesterday, must be residual heat
          From the soil saving the black spots, or the damage would be the other way around. Cant imagine it will look better today.

Comment

Just off the phone with neighbors and brother. The reason our weather station went out after midnight is freezing rain and power lines are down and internet down. All cameras are down.

So the Rainfall totals will be higher.

Comment

This is the longest, coldest, driest may 21 i can remember.
              Normally its a clear sky for a few hours chance of frost that challenges the canola.
              Wowzers

Comment

At over 2 in rainfall totals are too much in this area. Will have flood related yield reductions and too wet to seed acres again. Still need to seed the last 1/3 of acres which will take just a few days but it will be a week before ground is fit if there is no more rain.

Comment

I would rather have a cold spring than a warm one.

Thats a direct quote a month ago from climate cult leader chuck.

Comment

Some guys may get lucky , if one waited till the 15-16 to start , it’s in dry conditions but most likely not up to deal with this
                    If it rains on Monday/ Tuesday it will be off to the races for them
                    No right or wrong this year

Comment

So jazz you would rather have plus 30 C and a strong wind for several weeks in the middle of a historic drought with not enough moisture to germinate your crops? LOL

And you must think we have never had frost in May before? Were you just born yesterday? Over my many years of farming we have had snow in May several times.

I wonder why many people suggest waiting till after the May long weekend before putting out sensitive bedding plants? Hmmm?

I would rather have the cool weather and rain in May than a prolonged drought and hot temperatures.

Lots of producers have learned the hard way to plant canola later to reduce the risk of frost damage.

Variability will continue when you farm in the middle of a continent north of 49 degrees. Climate change is measured in decades not days,weeks or seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                        So jazz you would rather have plus 30 C and a strong wind for several weeks in the middle of a historic drought with not enough moisture to germinate your crops? LOL

And you must think we have never had frost in May before? Were you just born yesterday? Over my many years of farming we have had snow in May several times.

I wonder why many people suggest waiting till after the May long weekend before putting out sensitive bedding plants? Hmmm?

I would rather have the cool weather and rain in May than a prolonged drought and hot temperatures.

Lots of producers have learned the hard way to plant canola later to reduce the risk of frost damage.

Variability will continue when you farm in the middle of a continent north of 49 degrees. Climate change is measured in decades not days,weeks or seasons.
                        Chuck..
                        Your a fu ck ing idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post

Seems those two bolded statements are contradictory....farmed for many years , seen snow in May,,,climate change measured over decades...

So if you have seen it before ....whats changing?

I can not argue your "facts" as you stated both sides...
                          Last edited by bucket; May 21, 2021, 07:59.

Comment

chuck, you need to get out more. The interaction of warm and cold fronts are what makes our weather including life giving rain and snow. Lowering the temp 2deg or whatever the climate cult want would trim 10% off our food output. Most food is grown in northern hemispheres.

My neighbors can tell you how well -10 deg nights were for germinating their wheat.

If you know anything about farming, you would know conditions can change on a dime here. So it was 30deg for a couple days. So what? That wasnt indicative of anything.
                            Last edited by jazz; May 21, 2021, 08:08.

Comment

1.3" Midale

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...