• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Totals some are good some are ok and some WTF Piss all.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck back in grade 11 after track and field that I won and went on to districts in high jump we went swimming and boating after at echo lake. Districts a week later we had snowstorm. I lost to a very good high jumper.

The point being nothing has changed in 50 years. Dad tells about a dry 1961 that it never rained all year yet David Philips doesn't know that. Come on I can buy info from scientists any day.

Follow the money it all flows to those who want to alter the facts to suit skippy and company.

Chuck you're a ****ing idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      chuck, you need to get out more. The interaction of warm and cold fronts are what makes our weather including life giving rain and snow. Lowering the temp 2deg or whatever the climate cult want would trim 10% off our food output. Most food is grown in northern hemispheres.

My neighbors can tell you how well -10 deg nights were for germinating their wheat.

If you know anything about farming, you would know conditions can change on a dime here. So it was 30deg for a couple days. So what? That wasnt indicative of anything.
      Did you guys notice those hot days were not unbearable...its because the humidity was so low it actually had a cooling effect.

Ask anyone about cooling towers at a large industrial plant like EVraz and how hot low humidity days actually help in cooling ...same goes for the human body.

Comment

Do we have to explain the difference between weather versus climate again and again?

Here is what is changing in pictures for the dullards.

The U.S. Climate Normals collection has 10 versions: 1901-1930, 1911-1940 and so on through 1991-2020. In the image below, we’ve compared the U.S. annual average temperature during each Normals period to the 20th-century average (1901-2000). The influence of long-term global warming is obvious: The earliest map in the series has the most widespread and darkest blues, and the most recent map has the most widespread and darkest reds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-05-21 The new U S Climate Normals are here What do they tell us about climate ch.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	771109
        Annual U.S. temperature compared to the 20th-century average for each U.S. Climate Normals period from 1901-1930 (upper left) to 1991-2020 (lower right). (NOAA NCEI)

Comment

We have seen frost and snow in May , even into June . Most times just deal with it. 95% of the time it’s not worth reseeding and does recover fine
          But this is much different
          Never has it been this cold for several nights for 10 plus hours each night being as dry as it is .
          I have seen it colder yup, but not for these long duration periods in this dry of situation.... no one has here . Even guys I have talked to in their 70’s and 80’s .
          Time will tell , but getting the canola into moisture before moisture ran out was not a bad decision, may be unlucky but not wrong at all .
          May long weekend seems always to be a challenge.
          Time will tell by Tuesday

Comment

Even with climate change and warming, frost and snow in May will still occur.

Don't rely on your memory to recall what happened 30 years ago. Your memory can't measure averages, small changes and trends. Look at reliable records.
            Last edited by chuckChuck; May 21, 2021, 08:33.

Comment

Chuck as an X financial guy I can tell you it's fun with numbers I can make even your play farm look good on paper or look so bad you will cry all the way home.

Same with Data you can make it say whatever you want.

All I am saying weather and climate go hand and hand and if something happened 100 years ago it should be added to the data.

Stupid David Philips was saying the other day dryest spring ever my 90 plus dad said he is a idiot. What about the 30s and 61 and 80s.

Some have seen drought and dry and in 1961 it never rained so where is that data.

or the hottest day ever was Estevan and it's gone.

Manipulation with numbers to say what you want.

Wake up you have zero case and maybe read a book.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                Even with climate change and warming, frost and snow in May will still occur.

Don't rely on your memory to recall what happened 30 years ago. Your memory can't measure averages, small changes and trends. Look at reliable records.
                That's why they report historical records every day...during the weather news locally

Comment

Ok, so let's play your game Saskatchewan is warming so fast.

.01 of a degree in 100 years.

Like I really care what's coming I will be 1000 years old when we can actually get back to a time where sask was a tropical paradise.

So your BS is BS.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    Chuck as an X financial guy I can tell you it's fun with numbers I can make even your play farm look good on paper or look so bad you will cry all the way home.

Same with Data you can make it say whatever you want.

All I am saying weather and climate go hand and hand and if something happened 100 years ago it should be added to the data.

Stupid David Philips was saying the other day dryest spring ever my 90 plus dad said he is a idiot. What about the 30s and 61 and 80s.

Some have seen drought and dry and in 1961 it never rained so where is that data.

or the hottest day ever was Estevan and it's gone.

Manipulation with numbers to say what you want.

Wake up you have zero case and maybe read a book.

We are drier than in 1988...when we summerfallowed and sealed in the moisture that year it was our fault...

When drills can't be seen due to the dust in 2021 after 30 years of continuous crop ...it is dry.

Comment

SF, Your 90 plus dad is smarter and knows more about weather than David Philips! LMAO

Does he have access to all of Environment Canada's weather data for the last 100 years at multiple locations in all 10 provinces?

Get him to start crunching numbers and show us his results!

Comment

David Phillips works the weather data the same way agristability calculations are done....throw out the highs and lows.

Comment

Results are the past 3-4 years the growing seasons , frost free days and GDD have been shorter in the majority of western Canada .

Comment

Environment Canada can't predict shit. In our area if they predict 100% rain we get piss all. If they predict 20% we will get something how pethedic is that. Good thing for USA apps that actually get it right!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                              Do we have to explain the difference between weather versus climate again and again?

Here is what is changing in pictures for the dullards.

The U.S. Climate Normals collection has 10 versions: 1901-1930, 1911-1940 and so on through 1991-2020. In the image below, we’ve compared the U.S. annual average temperature during each Normals period to the 20th-century average (1901-2000). The influence of long-term global warming is obvious: The earliest map in the series has the most widespread and darkest blues, and the most recent map has the most widespread and darkest reds.

[ATTACH]7970[/ATTACH]
                              Annual U.S. temperature compared to the 20th-century average for each U.S. Climate Normals period from 1901-1930 (upper left) to 1991-2020 (lower right). (NOAA NCEI)

A little warmer, a little wetter, usually means more food produced which means less starving people.

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-us-and-global-precipitation https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-us-and-global-precipitation

Isn't that really what it's all about, basic ag 101.

Comment

Many keep referring to global warming as simply a change in temperature. I have always referred to it as major to extreme weather changes. Maybe its because news travels so fast in today's world but it seems to be in the last 10-20 years weather is changing fairly extreme

Rising average temperatures do not simply mean balmier winters. Some regions will experience more extreme heat while others may cool slightly. Flooding, drought and intense summer heat could result. Violent storms and other extreme weather events could also result from the increased energy stored in our warming atmosphere

While the above comes from a David Yamaha article, I still like Al Gore's inconvenient truth show
                                Last edited by Richard5; May 21, 2021, 09:32.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...