• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Totals some are good some are ok and some WTF Piss all.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rained gently overnight , soaked in for the most part , rain gauge says 1 inch even...going to enjoy the day relaxing.

Comment

Rained most of the night and still pouring. 1.2” and counting. West Central Sask

Comment

We are going to make Queen Vickie a birthday cake today. We want this etched in our memory forever.

Comment

For the younger guys on this forum ...this should be a kid making rain...

Statistics may prove it out next March April.

Comment

My dad used to go and buy a new car when momentous events like this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Thank God I had no plan b !
              For most areas here there was no plan B
              Was simply too hard and dry
              Weed control will be paramount now , especially in thinned out canola stands

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                For most areas here there was no plan B
                Was simply too hard and dry
                Weed control will be paramount now , especially in thinned out canola stands
                A lot of guys spraying pre-seed burnoff are saying it did nothing...now with th rain it will be full out attack with the sprayers.

Comment

Only preburn I did was on canola stubble going into wheat and barley. Used express pro with glyphosate for some residual action. The rest I didn’t bother. Hope we can get out by weeks end to flog some pre emerge on or it could get expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    So jazz you would rather have plus 30 C and a strong wind for several weeks in the middle of a historic drought with not enough moisture to germinate your crops? LOL

And you must think we have never had frost in May before? Were you just born yesterday? Over my many years of farming we have had snow in May several times.

I wonder why many people suggest waiting till after the May long weekend before putting out sensitive bedding plants? Hmmm?

I would rather have the cool weather and rain in May than a prolonged drought and hot temperatures.

Lots of producers have learned the hard way to plant canola later to reduce the risk of frost damage.

Variability will continue when you farm in the middle of a continent north of 49 degrees. Climate change is measured in decades not days,weeks or seasons.
                    neighbours were saying you had a lot of breakdowns , were you able to get the parts you needed? we were lucky , done a lot of winter maintenance , sure paid off
                    were even able to get drill and tank in shop, sure nice working on them in march
                    did you get done ? we needed one more day

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      My dad used to go and buy a new car when momentous events like this happened.
                      Sitting at an inch eastern Alberta and still coming down. The rain is as timely as I can remember. Won’t be getting a new car as we jumped the gun and picked up our diesel Yukon on Wednesday. Did however buy a new truck in May of 1991 when it became clear that the drought of the 80’s was over. My recollection is we got an inch of mixed precip in a gale on April 27 and then got 2 more inches on the 8th and 11th of May. Went from desperate to the best in years in 2 weeks.

Comment

Nothing better than a timely rain. Amazing how fast it can change the outlook.
                        Early crops were really stressed here. Will be watching closely to see if they recover and take off or if we maybe we lost a bit of potential

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...