• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets up ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markets up ..

The up down ride continues.
    Hopefully this crop gets going after a very cool start and several frosts all across western Canada .
    Warm weather badly needed now to help push growth as our growing season has just been shortened again.
    Late August frost will decimate some areas if it happens again . Some areas will now possibly very late with delayed seeding , reseeding and slow establishment .
    Will need a lot of GDD now to make up early short fall

25-30 degrees for a couple of weeks will get this show on the road. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      The up down ride continues.
      Hopefully this crop gets going after a very cool start and several frosts all across western Canada .
      Warm weather badly needed now to help push growth as our growing season has just been shortened again.
      Late August frost will decimate some areas if it happens again . Some areas will now possibly very late with delayed seeding , reseeding and slow establishment .
      Will need a lot of GDD now to make up early short fall
      There is no doubt that the gap between our actual lived reality and the picture that our political masters attempt to paint continues to widen!

Comment

An actual marketing thread on a commodity marketing forum, and it gets 2 replies.
        Thread about Ivermectin for humans, gets 2 pages.

Does no one have any crop left to sell, new or old, so don't want to talk about it?
        Never had any crop to market to start with?
        Wouldn't know a commodity if it landed on their toe?

Who here thinks the highs are behind us, vs yet to come?

Comment

Or the extreme challenging conditions to even get this crop going in a lot of areas .
          More riding on this crop than ever before and your right this marketing forum is a side show circus 🎪 from many angles .

Comment

I’m still fighting to get it done the first time, never mind reseeding! The tiny time waster breakdowns can screw off anytime now. Lol

Markets going up are a good thing. Makes new crop pricing opportunities. Most of my old crop is booked. Just have to haul it this summer.

Albertafarmer, you only gave it 4 hours. People aren’t checking the forum every 5 minutes. Busy time of year. Give it time!
            Last edited by flea beetle; May 27, 2021, 12:11.

Comment

Have 1 load of canola left one of wheat and oats have no clew were this market is going. These market swing have more to do with devalued dollars than anything. There is not near the stocks in the world as the experts think.

Comment

Still have all my wheat and lentils to go yet.

The fundamentals in this market are somewhat broken. Lots of speculators are hiding out in commodities to counter inflation. I suspect a violent reversal could come one day but that could be months away.

I think anyone marketing old and new crop needs to be careful. Biden and his cast of clowns sending us to the precipice.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/27/yellen-says-the-government-is-operating-like-its-2010-calls-for-more-aggressive-spending.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/27/bidens-budget-will-include-5-trillion-in-new-federal-spending-over-the-next-decade.html
                Last edited by jazz; May 27, 2021, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  An actual marketing thread on a commodity marketing forum, and it gets 2 replies.
                  Thread about Ivermectin for humans, gets 2 pages.

Does no one have any crop left to sell, new or old, so don't want to talk about it?
                  Never had any crop to market to start with?
                  Wouldn't know a commodity if it landed on their toe?

Who here thinks the highs are behind us, vs yet to come?
                  New crop production in our area very questionable. Since last July 8/10s of rain.

As to whether the highs are in yet, I expect the NA crop will die twice more but who knows.

I wanted to do some hedging just using futures or options but the volatility is too great. The margin calls would be ridiculous. Too hard to cash flow them right now. Options seem very high priced as well.

Comment

Have to say I saw this lift in prices coming. Two days ago, got a couple calls from elevators wanting to drum up sales.

Comment

The weather and temps here have been a yoyo like the markets. Two weeks ago, frost every night. Then turned hot, 25- 32C for a few days.

Corn came up in 6 days. Soys the same.

Then a very welcome 6/10" shower yesterday but turned very cool again. 4C last night and forecast is for ~the same rest of the week. Oh well, cool lets the moisture go down instead of a hot wind sucking it out of the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                        Have to say I saw this lift in prices coming. Two days ago, got a couple calls from elevators wanting to drum up sales.
                        Like clockwork.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Still have all my wheat and lentils to go yet.

The fundamentals in this market are somewhat broken. Lots of speculators are hiding out in commodities to counter inflation. I suspect a violent reversal could come one day but that could be months away.
                          still holding all your wheat? I sold most of my hard red between 7-8 bucks, got some at 8.60, what are you waiting for?! current spot 8.30, that's 2 red 13.0

Comment

Have contracted canola to haul and maybe a few hundred bushel unpriced after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                              still holding all your wheat? I sold most of my hard red between 7-8 bucks, got some at 8.60, what are you waiting for?! current spot 8.30, that's 2 red 13.0
                              #2 Durum; $8.90 today. Flat for the past month. Was hoping for a kick over $9. Doesnt look likely.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...