• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets up ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old crop all sold, just need to haul the wht and oats. Will have a few oats left to sell, but there doesn’t seem to be any buyers willing to pay for them ($4.50ish).

Comfortable with N/C sales position for barley. Should add to my oat position but waiting for $4.50 which I think should come if patient. Might have missed the high in cnl if wanting to move it in 2021?? I think we will see futures rally again in the new year even with the recent rains.

Just a fools opinion.

Comment

Im sure spring price endorsement was cancelled cause too many farmers would have taken it this year and cost govt too much money. Just like ritz rolled back the agristability.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
        Usually $15 or so a ton will buy you a decent put for nov canola, this year double to triple. Even selling futures and buying calls a bit out of the money to protect upside are pretty cost prohibitive. So far the best option was to sell production for fall delivery, risk then is production issues which in my hail belt are very possible.

AFSC took away spring price endorsement this year and with prices where they were I would have considered purchasing it. I guess not enough demand, maybe just too much risk for them to offer that guarantee for a reasonable price.
        I always used to find the high premium a tough pill to swallow, until I do a comparison based on percentage of the crop value that you're protecting.

It's a lot of money to buy the put option, but is it really when you compare it to a more reasonably priced option at far lower crop values?

Gotta pencil it out. Might be cheaper than it looks and that's also the entire extent of your maximum risk.

Comment

Re-seeding of canola is underway. Heavy frost on early seeded canola. Fate of early beans unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Re-seeding of canola is underway. Heavy frost on early seeded canola. Fate of early beans unknown.
            Never fun

Comment

That’s the shits , agstar
              Is it a big area ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                That’s the shits , agstar
                Is it a big area ?
                A number of big operators are going. Mostly the more advanced crop. Frozen covered flower bed and garden plants. Our beans are not up yet.

Comment

A number of big operators are going. Mostly the more advanced crop. Frozen covered flower bed and garden plants. Our beans are not up yet.
                  Never good
                  All crop got hit here from early to even some seeded after the 17th to varying degrees.
                  Some beat up 4 times already

Comment

If guys are wondering why the market is up just go for a drive and remember it's the 28th of May. Wearing a jacket while filling drill with soybeans and seeding a low spot thats usually full of water is a bad combo.

Comment

#2 durum popped over $9 today. Thats my watch signal.

Does any body have a handle on general crop conditions US and Canada?

From what I can tell the early seeded crop here has had pretty stunted growing for the past month. Doesnt look frost damaged but later crop is catching up to it fast with the rain and now warmer temps. Surprised there isnt more crop up around here. 2 big cold snaps here in May.
                      Last edited by jazz; May 28, 2021, 09:44.

Comment

P & H Kegworth (Glenavon) email yesterday said $9.20 triggering for June-July #1CWAD 13.0

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          #2 durum popped over $9 today. Thats my watch signal.

Does any body have a handle on general crop conditions US and Canada?

From what I can tell the early seeded crop here has had pretty stunted growing for the past month. Doesnt look frost damaged but later crop is catching up to it fast with the rain and now warmer temps. Surprised there isnt more crop up around here. 2 big cold snaps here in May.
                          Wheat in 18 days hardly see rows, earth to stupid guy ... IT'S TOO COLD! Need more C02!

Comment

QMW gapped up tonight all months through to July/22

Comment

old crop July HRS up 38 cents USD, Was up 49 3/4 cents
                              new crop Sept HRS up 35 cents UDS, Was up 48 1/4 cents(limit is 60 cent)

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                                QMW gapped up tonight all months through to July/22
                                What does everyone feel is driving this market? Evidence of the April frost starting to show up? Speculators? Continued wide spread dryness?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...