• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brazil corn 🌽

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil corn 🌽

https://mobile.twitter.com/danilosykora/status/1398416634709225475

Any other news on this ?

Found this ..
    https://www.dtnpf.com/agriculture/web/ag/blogs/south-america-calling

Maybe we should start paying more attention to this kind of stuff here on the marketing forum

Comment

Old crop limit up on Thursday. Looking for it to challenge 7 again.
      Course it was limit down recently too......

Comment

Also add this .... in Iowa

Let alone the damage in much of Manitoba that just shortened their growing season

Setting up to be interesting with the cupboards bare most everywhere.

Comment

The crop conditions in the US really resemble here - pretty mixed bag and overall roughish start to the season. I dont know how much SA affects the overall market. Seems the US always leads it.

Comment

South America produces more corn and soybeans than the US, will definitely move markets but info is very slow about conditions and yields.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              South America produces more corn and soybeans than the US, will definitely move markets but info is very slow about conditions and yields.
              Where does soddy get off? The US grows 5 times as much corn as Brazil and Argentina combined.

Comment

World produces about 335 million tonnes of beans.
                South America about 200 mmt
                North America about 100 mmt
                Rest of the world 35mmt

Sound about right?

Bean originated in China but they grow less than 20mmt
                Do the import 1/2 the world production.

South America didn't export before RR Beans?

Comment

I stand corrected, after a bit of research the US produces twice as much corn as South America and SA production exceeds the US by 70% for soybeans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	552693B0-F9E7-4C05-9E50-EDB626160232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	771153
                  Last edited by Sodbuster; May 30, 2021, 12:09.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Also add this .... in Iowa

Let alone the damage in much of Manitoba that just shortened their growing season

Setting up to be interesting with the cupboards bare most everywhere.
                    Does spring frost shorten growing season ?
                    Our resident expert doesn’t think so ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Does spring frost shorten growing season ?
                      Our resident expert doesn’t think so ?
                      Shorten the growing season of some crops in my area by about 90 days my son said they sold a lot of seed this weekend.

Comment

This applies to growing seasons as well ...

In most western Canada frost free days would be the minimum. Other factors are there but we are at near early June now ......

Comment

I need till Sept 10 now for a crop to be frost-free. I think it won't happen this year. Brazil is in a drought and nothing like they have seen for over 91 years.

Crops need water and with the Canadian winds we will need rain in two weeks or this crop is in the shitter again.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            I need till Sept 10 now for a crop to be frost-free. I think it won't happen this year. Brazil is in a drought and nothing like they have seen for over 91 years.

Crops need water and with the Canadian winds we will need rain in two weeks or this crop is in the shitter again.
                            after a couple 30 plus days ....less than 2 weeks ....we need a rain quick.

Dug down yesterday to see how far the moisture has got to.....not good. Very dry below 4 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                              I stand corrected, after a bit of research the US produces twice as much corn as South America and SA production exceeds the US by 70% for soybeans.

[ATTACH]8039[/ATTACH]
                              Your research was not complete sod. Total corn and soybean production is almost double in the US vs SA. Numbers matter. False assumptions lead to false conclusions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...