• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JBS?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JBS?

I know this isn't a cattle forum - but wondering if anybody here might have an idea why the fact that JBS North America (and Australia) is SHUT DOWN due to cyber attack since yesterday hasn't made the news somewhere in this country.... Seems like it might be kind of a big deal....

Originally posted by paladin View Post
    I know this isn't a cattle forum - but wondering if anybody here might have an idea why the fact that JBS North America (and Australia) is SHUT DOWN due to cyber attack since yesterday hasn't made the news somewhere in this country.... Seems like it might be kind of a big deal....
    Must be just a coincidence that WEF said we will eat much less meat and to prepare for the coming CyBuR AtTak. Man they are good at making predictions they must have a time machine. 😆 if only they would come to our rescue and save us from ourselves with total control and complete central planning.
    Last edited by biglentil; May 31, 2021, 22:50.

Comment

Ya it is a big deal................ not as though they would use something like this to manipulate the market. Convenient it’s always in their favour. Kinda like one packing plant catching fire a few years ago............. and messing up prices for most of a year.

P.S. I generally don’t wear tin foil hats😉

Comment

Yeah, I'm under no illusions about how 'stand up' the packing industry can be and I'm sure they will not let this crisis go to waste. However, I'm just disappointed that what could be a significant supply chain disruption in the food system in this country doesn't even merit a passing comment. I'm not surprised really, it's just makes me sad about what's become of this place I used to be proud to call home...

Comment

We are and have always been, a captive producer of a limited shelf life raw commodity to 2 worldwide buyers. Which happens to be the world's most expensive protein.
          Our fixed costs need to be quite low.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            We are and have always been, a captive producer of a limited shelf life raw commodity to 2 worldwide buyers. Which happens to be the world's most expensive protein.
            Our fixed costs need to be quite low.
            That is the problem. Fixed cost (land) has jumped. Still places where cows make sense but that has shrunk. All but two majors remain because of players muscling out smaller ones. Further to that packers owning a sizeable number of feedlots and feeder cattle makes the industry look like a no win situation for cow calf, and feedlot operations. Being a cattle producer, I think you would have to be suffering some sort of mental deficit to think you can make money ranching unless you have reasonable priced land and feed supply. Take that from the equation it’s a labour of love (how I don’t know).

Comment

WEF and JBS partnership just another coinkidink.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210602-091239_YouTube.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	771155

Comment

What should be disconcerting in the immediate is that this business model of cyber attacks has become quite lucrative.
                And is based in countries that turn a blind eye. More to follow for sure.
                Saw it coming but what to do?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...