• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where’s Sheapwheet, Farmaholic and a few others?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the trolls are winning.
    I try to comprehend what possible benefit they could derive from their incessant and unwelcome presence here.
    Their propaganda is completely ineffective.
    Their attitude and tone turns off anyone who might have been willing to consider their point of view.
    It can't be very rewarding to be proven wrong constantly, to be belittled, humiliated and insulted for their undefensible positions.

Yet they keep coming back for more, undeterred by their own incompetence and failure. Seemingly oblivious to the contempt directed towards them.

But perhaps I completely miscalculated their intended goal.

By their constant off topic, childish, ill-informed, irrelevant post, they drag the rest of the discussion down to their level, and keep it there. Very effectively driving away many of the voices most capable of effectively countering their propaganda. Which appears to be the point.
    They know they can't possibly match wits with these intellectuals, so making them leave in disgust is their only option.
    Seems to be working.

Not sure what that says about those of us who continue to put up with it?

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      And what part did you play in Grassy's departure?
      Engaged him in fact based debate. When the facts didn't align with his ideology, he took his ball and went home. And that was a loss to all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Engaged him in fact based debate. When the facts didn't align with his ideology, he took his ball and went home. And that was a loss to all of us.
        Your certainly not a saint on here at times AB5, as nor I'm I.

You are absently quiet on subjects present from fellow posters who lean to the right. So to call yourself a true fact based debater is "seriously" a stretch on your part

Comment

Yep grassy brought lots here
          Completely different than me but very interesting and a hard worker no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
            Or Mallee........... the down under perspective was alway nice.
            Mallee was a victim of the recent platform updates and he couldn’t log back in. Hasn’t been motivated to make another account I guess, but checks in here to see how things haven’t changed.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              Have u got a delivery to anywhere in the swamp?
              Our next Nipawin delivery is the week of June 10th.

Comment

Which way you travel to nipawin?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  Yes in a few different restaurants and stores. Depending on what you are looking for I can point you in the right direction, or if you order direct from the farm, we are often in the city, and it would be cheaper for you.
                  Do you ever deliver to Regina?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    Which way you travel to nipawin?
                    Tisdale north.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                      Do you ever deliver to Regina?
                      Yes. But far less frequently than Saskatoon. Regina has a different “foody” culture if you will. We have struggled to tap into that city on a retail front at least. Sell a lot of whole and half there, but restaurants and retail has been spotty hit n miss.

If anyone can help us to understand the key to tap into Regina city, I’d be much obliged!

Comment

Seems I remember my mother making shishs out of ewe, she said we need older meat. How many pounds of mest would I get outta a mid-size animal?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Seems I remember my mother making shishs out of ewe, she said we need older meat. How many pounds of mest would I get outta a mid-size animal?
                          To answer your question fully, I think I need to explain fully our product etc. We raise hair sheep first of all, and the flavour is not nearly so strong or intense if you will, as wool lambs are. As the animals age, the flavour does not intensify nearly so much as it does on wool sheep. Some people like intense. Most don’t. In fact, we have converted MANY “I don’t like lamb people”, into bona fide lamb eaters with our products, because their only lamb experience has been from either mutton, or more intense wool lamb.

Some folks like the flavour imparted by an older animal, but that is rare in our experience. Before we gave shish a go on our own, we tested a few “brands”, and were not very excited, because they were poorly trimmed and really fatty, intensely flavoured, tough, ridiculously unevenly sized, and to my mind came from an old wool cull ewe or even Ram.

What we make is from lambs. It is trimmed well, and has next to zero fat. It is hand cubed into relatively even sized pieces. For this reason, our meat yield is quite low. We only get between 8 and 12 lbs of shish off a 50 lb hanging lamb, the rest is trim. Retails and restaurants need consistency. We give it to them. We nearly lost a great deal when we started making shish, because we had not yet perfected the system, and we were just producing the shishliki like everyone else makes. Now we have a system that set ours apart.

The reason I tell you this is because if you are looking to buy a lamb to cube up, it will not be very cost effective, unless you are ok with gristle, fat, and so on. Even then, I can’t see you getting much more than 20 lbs or so off a lamb. For what our hanging lamb value is, that would take you well over the price we charge for finished product.

I hope this makes sense to you.

Comment

What an informative answer.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                              Your certainly not a saint on here at times AB5, as nor I'm I.

You are absently quiet on subjects present from fellow posters who lean to the right. So to call yourself a true fact based debater is "seriously" a stretch on your part
                              If you are referring to the ever present Covid debates on here, I do occasionally call out the ridiculousness on both sides. And you have acknowledged that in the past. But by the shear volume of anti-Covid and anti-Vax posts on this site, debunking them all would easily be a full time job, of which I already posess more than enough of. One specific poster alone seems to have made a full time career out of scouring the obscure corners of the internet for Covid related conspiracies.
                              I think it is safe to say that they are doing an excellent job of ruining their own credibility all by themselves without any help. As Napoleon supposedly said, "never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".

Furthermore, I am not in any way a medical expert, so do not consider myself qualified to comment in most cases.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...