• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight markets

Canola down quite a lot considering

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Canola down quite a lot considering
    Trying to shake out the last of the hidden inventory. A lot of yield was lost in the past 5 days.

Comment

Canola will be a fortune next year unless everyone goes canola following canola. My prediction anyway, been wrong before.
      Will be a tough winter coming up to be in the feedlot business I think.

Comment

It rained a few places so the market might think some crop problems are gone. Don’t think so

Comment

My concern lately is the prospect of next years . Subsoil moisture being severely depleted and next years inputs are going to be brutal based on high prices .
          Most can skate through this year barely but next year could throw all of us head first into the boards .
          Hopefully the moisture situation changes in most western Canada . Right now it’s not good

Comment

Weather front and centre, but stress in the inner plumbing of global credit markets squirting to the surface. This could impact commodities generally.

Huge ransonware attack this weekend. OPEC issues. U.S. markets may open up uneasy on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
              Canola will be a fortune next year unless everyone goes canola following canola. My prediction anyway, been wrong before.
              Will be a tough winter coming up to be in the feedlot business I think.
              Chris Swift over at Shootin' The Bull says there may not be any any real pricing for feeder cattle as the packer vertical integration is taking control.
              Packers have all the margin but still need feedlot production as they are making $800+ at the plant. They are buying virtualy all the feeders outbiding all others with thier kill margins.
              Couple of very interesting analysis of the quantum change happening in the cattle buisness as it continues off in a direction that can't be good for primary producers.
              Scarey actually.
              Maybe someone can hotlink?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                Chris Swift over at Shootin' The Bull says there may not be any any real pricing for feeder cattle as the packer vertical integration is taking control.
                Packers have all the margin but still need feedlot production as they are making $800+ at the plant. They are buying virtualy all the feeders outbiding all others with thier kill margins.
                Couple of very interesting analysis of the quantum change happening in the cattle buisness as it continues off in a direction that can't be good for primary producers.
                Scarey actually.
                Maybe someone can hotlink?
                https://www.shootinthebull.com/shootin-the-bull https://www.shootinthebull.com/shootin-the-bull

Comment

Ah the cattle "business".

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    https://www.shootinthebull.com/shootin-the-bull https://www.shootinthebull.com/shootin-the-bull
                    Thats an interesting commentary. First, that the US finds 5.9% UE totally unacceptable while Canada is fine with something approaching 10%.

The part about fighting consumer inflation coming up. That would mean rate hikes and that will ripple through everything including sovereign debt markets. I doubt thats going to happen. They would rather have inflation I think.

Comment

Wow, the markets know. It's a total ****ing bullshit comment the markets manipulate and knows jack shit.

Canola down .68 cents overnight.

The last time I checked plus 40 and wind from hell and zero rain doesn't make crop move ahead.

Yea the market knows **** all.

Comment

Haul my wht the other day there was just as many trucks hauling canola out as where hauling wht in . My buyer said the crushers won't let canola leave the province so made them an offer they coundn't refuse. If some guys are going to be short on contracts this fall they might have to buy the oil and the meal and put it back together

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                          Haul my wht the other day there was just as many trucks hauling canola out as where hauling wht in . My buyer said the crushers won't let canola leave the province so made them an offer they coundn't refuse. If some guys are going to be short on contracts this fall they might have to buy the oil and the meal and put it back together
                          Maybe they can find a machine that does that like the meat printer???????

Comment

When there is none to buy there is no need to bid it up....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                              When there is none to buy there is no need to bid it up....
                              So what is the happy medium because it sure seems that when there is plenty to buy, the price knows the direction?

Maybe, just maybe when there is none to buy, they are not asking the right people.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...