• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billion dollar rain ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billion dollar rain ...

Now a 10 billion dollar loss ????

Yes the loss will be huge. The million dollar rain is old school. It’s a brave new word of billions.
    Pretty much out of time for the crop around here. It held on for a good part of the summer but this week heat will seal the deal.

The Nov 7 snow storm played a big role in getting us this far! I can see where I pushed snow off to get at grain bags the crop gave up a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by seldomseen; Jul 14, 2021, 15:33.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      Yes the loss will be huge. The million dollar rain is old school. It’s a brave new word of billions.
      Pretty much out of time for the crop around here. It held on for a good part of the summer but this week heat will seal the deal.
      Same here

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Same here
        And here. Crops have looked real good. But you can see color changing and I swear patches of lighter soil it is shrinking where it once all looked the same height. The rest can’t be far behind. Yield officially dropping now each day. Brutal. Never seen before on this farm.

Comment

Harvest will be early... and quick... things changing rapidly!

Comment

One good thing , gonna be slim pickings for the leaches
            oh , and you might have 70% of your fert left
            so much for the planned shortage

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              One good thing , gonna be slim pickings for the leaches
              oh , and you might have 70% of your fert left
              so much for the planned shortage
              Soil sampling be the only thing they can gouge on now...

Comment

We haven’t had soil tests for years, will be on the top of the list this fall after harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                  We haven’t had soil tests for years, will be on the top of the list this fall after harvest.
                  I did soil tests last yr and the fertility was way up after a few dryish yrs and using coated nitrogen. I still went full package this yr anyway.

Wondering if its time to skip a yr and shock my ag rep real good.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    I did soil tests last yr and the fertility was way up after a few dryish yrs and using coated nitrogen. I still went full package this yr anyway.

Wondering if its time to skip a yr and shock my ag rep real good.
                    Ag reps gave up on me years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Herc View Post
                      Soil sampling be the only thing they can gouge on now...
                      Not if you do your own...

Will be intrigued to see the results this year. Thinking, next years N requirement will be about half.

Phos is always the tough one... does anyone use jumpstart? I've been putting down ample P for quite a few years, so maybe it's time to try and mineralize that?

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                        Not if you do your own...

Will be intrigued to see the results this year. Thinking, next years N requirement will be about half.

Phos is always the tough one... does anyone use jumpstart? I've been putting down ample P for quite a few years, so maybe it's time to try and mineralize that?
                        My ag rep recommendations on a soil test are a recipe for bankruptcy, 140 lbs of n to grow 70 bu of low pro wheat, really?

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                          My ag rep recommendations on a soil test are a recipe for bankruptcy, 140 lbs of n to grow 70 bu of low pro wheat, really?
                          I dont use the recommendations anymore. They're absurd for the special areas!

All I want is the starting numbers, and then I take it from there. Recommending 315lb/ac of blended fert in an area that has a 22bu/ac HRS long term crop insurance average is ludicrous.

Comment

That same year I used 70 of n and grew 70 bu of low pro wheat that was green and lodging, told my rep if I had listened to you it would have all rotted in the field.

Comment

That same year I used 70 of n and grew 70 bu of low pro wheat that was green and lodging, told my rep if I had listened to you it would have all rotted in the field.
                              This year I used 80 of n and looking at 20 bushel wheat, told these dorks for years a crop cant be bought.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...