• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billion dollar rain ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news is the federal government could throw 10 billion at farmers ...it would be a drop in the pail considering what Trudeau spent on the pandemic.

And it would be in line with what the American government sent to their farmers over the last 4 years.

The numerous farm groups that have 4th or 5tg generation farmers on their boards might finally be catching on to how they are still farming ....given the fact their previous generations were given ad hoc payments when Shit hits the fan ...from governments.

Many people think they built their farms themselves while in reality it was saved with government payments not big crops.

Sorry if I burst some bubbles..

Humility will be a lesson learned for some this year.

Comment

I'm insured 70-80%, although not at the lofty prices we see now. Allows me to sleep at night. Another missed opportunity but I'm not going to let this heat destroy me mentally. I suggest everyone here reach out to their neighbours with some cheery comments rather than reinforce how brutal things are in the fields. You never know who is on the edge.

Comment

Very true Crusher. Drought is disheartening enough and there’s not a darn thing you can do about it. We are still fortunate we have safety nets (as minimal as they are) and we have each other to talk to (as long as these persistent aggravators don’t get to us). There’s a tear in all our beer but faith, hope and the love for the dirt, family and the almighty force moves us (and I am talking from personal experience) forward.

Comment

exactly, we upped everything to 80%, did a good job seeding , good fertility , no real big ****-ups, thats all you can hope for
          one super farmer here, needs to be first one done for coffee shop purposes, ****ed 3 quarters of canola , with what looks like poor washout job on sprayer
          anyways , I'm happy we did all we could , the rest is up to the miserable old bitch
          appreciate crop insurance very much , as mallee says in Oz , "its sink or swim"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...