• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday July 25 market opens down…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday July 25 market opens down…

Interesting that all grains are down on the open tonight, the weather forecast does not matter!

Cheers

The more I look at my crops, the bigger the lock for the bin door.

Comment

Sunday Night opens seem to have no relevance to what happened Monday and the rest of the week lately.
      And we are quite irrelevant compared to what's happening in Iowa Indiana Illinois etc.

Comment

Why does it matter if you don’t have anything to sell?

Comment

Some it does matter, some it does. I sold off the last of my 2020 wheat Friday. Now waiting on canola that’s delivered with a positive 46 November. Like I said last year they talked up a piss poor crop last year and took huge profits out of farmers hands. Mathematically the crop ain’t huge in northern USA and canada over all out west .

Comment

Somebody is watching -

"Wheat: Drought Threatens Production, Supply Concerns – DTN
            July 23, 2021"

"Remember back to spring of 2020 when pictures and videos of people hoarding toilet paper filled social media and the news? Well, move over toilet paper because 2021 may likely be the year to stock up on food staples again, mainly due to drought-stressed, failing crops in the United States and Canada..."

Remember back to spring of 2020 when pictures and videos of people hoarding toilet paper filled social media and the news? Well, move over toilet paper because 2021 may likely

An interesting read, to say the least, providing numbers that should get everyone's attention, from growers to consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
              Somebody is watching -

"Wheat: Drought Threatens Production, Supply Concerns – DTN
              July 23, 2021"

"Remember back to spring of 2020 when pictures and videos of people hoarding toilet paper filled social media and the news? Well, move over toilet paper because 2021 may likely be the year to stock up on food staples again, mainly due to drought-stressed, failing crops in the United States and Canada..."

Remember back to spring of 2020 when pictures and videos of people hoarding toilet paper filled social media and the news? Well, move over toilet paper because 2021 may likely

An interesting read, to say the least, providing numbers that should get everyone's attention, from growers to consumers.
              Galen Weston is counting on it...and for consumers not to notice...

Comment

Severe selloff in Hong Kong and China markets right now . . . .

Comment

Huge bitcoin pump higher tonight

Comment

2 am ,it is actually raining, almost skunked in july,half of June too., not sure what good it will do at this point?second growth nightmare or settle the dust. Canola 15 ? 20 ? whoo hoo. Wheat .maybe 30 , peas are yellow self desiccated, not mine , but faired well considering 20-30. ?
                    Canola is just truly sad, 50 - 60 last year it is less than 1/4 the crop.even the wheat there are some
                    burnt to a crisp areas . The crazy part is except for southwest of north Battleford ,nothing i have seen on my limited travels was as good as here.. that is a pretty sad statement.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                      2 am ,it is actually raining, almost skunked in july,half of June too., not sure what good it will do at this point?second growth nightmare or settle the dust. Canola 15 ? 20 ? whoo hoo. Wheat .maybe 30 , peas are yellow self desiccated, not mine , but faired well considering 20-30. ?
                      Canola is just truly sad, 50 - 60 last year it is less than 1/4 the crop.even the wheat there are some
                      burnt to a crisp areas . The crazy part is except for southwest of north Battleford ,nothing i have seen on my limited travels was as good as here.. that is a pretty sad statement.
                      We are very thankful for the rain... the weather channel said not to expect anything because the smoke was stopping the rain... this will help many crops in Alberta fill... and keep temps down for a few days. 1/2" long way from starting second growth.

Cheers, this will bring up bushel weight for many farms!

Comment

It would be nice if the temps would come down for a couple of days. The life of the farmer - looking to the sky every day. Wish it was easier to farm the prairies.

Comment

Boom goes the markets over night thanks to Ag canada saying all is good relax what drought.

This one you dumb ****s at Ag canada

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Some it does matter, some it does. I sold off the last of my 2020 wheat Friday. Now waiting on canola that’s delivered with a positive 46 November. Like I said last year they talked up a piss poor crop last year and took huge profits out of farmers hands. Mathematically the crop ain’t huge in northern USA and canada over all out west .
                            You sold on Friday?

In another thread, the usual suspects on Agrisilly piled on the criticism when I suggested it was a good time to price some of our grain. Was I wrong and you were right? LOL

The sentiment in many posts is the crop is so bad that there will be very little to harvest and prices will only go up from here. If you believe that I am not sure why anybody would sell now.

Comment

It is high time these “experts” opened their eyes. What planet are they on?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...