• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday July 25 market opens down…

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    We are very thankful for the rain... the weather channel said not to expect anything because the smoke was stopping the rain... this will help many crops in Alberta fill... and keep temps down for a few days. 1/2" long way from starting second growth.

Cheers, this will bring up bushel weight for many farms!
    Yesterday was our best chance of rain for the past couple weeks and the next couple as well. YR.NO had us down for up to an inch as of a few days ago, kept scaling it back as we got closer. Still had 60% chance day and night.

Ended up with not a drop. Big series of storms passed just north of us, then hooked around straight east of us. Lots of lightning. Probably missed GDR again too by the radar maps.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Yesterday was our best chance of rain for the past couple weeks and the next couple as well. YR.NO had us down for up to an inch as of a few days ago, kept scaling it back as we got closer. Still had 60% chance day and night.

Ended up with not a drop. Big series of storms passed just north of us, then hooked around straight east of us. Lots of lightning. Probably missed GDR again too by the radar maps.
      Yes, nothing here, both disappointing and unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
        Looked to me like that rain hit mostly the same areas that have had rain all summer.

Chuck needs to be completely ignored by all, this guy resents farmers and does nothing but throw out insults.
        And always farmers in the 3rd person.
        And always condecending and denigrating.
        Interesting that he is now giving out marketing advise for the first time in his 5000+ posts on agriville. Yet a couple of months ago he told me that the Commodity Marketing forum wasn't the place to discuss commodity marketing...

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
          Yes, nothing here, both disappointing and unbelievable.
          I thought I had enough hay cut now that it would guarantee a rain. And all of it on ground so low and wet that a good rain would probably render it unsalvageble.

Apparently my Midas touch is broken.

Comment

[QUOTE=jwab;502946

Chuck needs to be completely ignored by all

jwabber mouth, why do you offend so easily, and then attempt to influence all Agrivillers? I thought you completely believed in freedom.

Comment

How much rain to fix these cracks? Asking for a friend.....

Comment

[QUOTE=jwab;502955]Why would you think I’m offended?
                Good, not offended.

Comment

If you think the Sunday night open was illogical, as of 11:00 soybeans are now up double digits corn is all green soy oil is green, and canola and wheat are still all in the red.

Comment

Weather is the common thread between Galen Weston and farmers. It's baking.

Bucket will have a totally different opinion!

Comment

Over $30 range in canola today finished almost at its high, up double digits.
                      Hopefully some farmers who needed to buy out contracts were able to take advantage and steal some lunch money from the traders who believed Ag Canada's numbers

Comment

Over $30 range in canola today finished almost at its high, up double digits.
                        And another record on the S&P, oil up. Overnight head fake.

I really appreciate errols take on things but he underestimates the influence of the central banks, liquidity and speculation. Fundamentals are out the window it seems.

Comment

I thought I had enough hay cut now that it would guarantee a rain. And all of it on ground so low and wet that a good rain would probably render it unsalvageble.

Apparently my Midas touch is broken.
                          My hay is all done but I cut some in the ditch and a couple misc wet areas trying to get a few more bales so it's out. Also needed the swather as we took a bit of barley for silage and had to move stuff around in the shed to get it out. Left the combine and baler sitting out in the yard for 3 days....still no rain. I dont know what else a white man farmer can do to induce rain in these parts.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                            My hay is all done but I cut some in the ditch and a couple misc wet areas trying to get a few more bales so it's out. Also needed the swather as we took a bit of barley for silage and had to move stuff around in the shed to get it out. Left the combine and baler sitting out in the yard for 3 days....still no rain. I dont know what else a white man farmer can do to induce rain in these parts.
                            Well, whatever you do, just don't do a rain dance or Chuck will be after us for cultural appropriation.
                            Perhaps order a load of expensive fertilizer and leave it on the truck with no tarp for a few days. Just don't go and broadcast it because that will guarantee it won't rain no matter what's in the forecast. At least that always works for me.

Comment

Ontario is getting all the rain, soybeans have wet feet.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                And another record on the S&P, oil up. Overnight head fake.

I really appreciate errols take on things but he underestimates the influence of the central banks, liquidity and speculation. Fundamentals are out the window it seems.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...