• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDP lagging

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwab
    I think it’s a good thing I didn’t make that list. It has been a while since I had my nails done.
    I highly recommend having your nails done. Sharpen the points, straighten the shanks, buff the rust off, and regalvanize.
    Jazz is a real professional at it, you won't regret it

Comment

The GDP without robust grain movement should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        GDP explained.
        I collect $100 of CERB from the government for not doing or creating anything.
        I pay that $100 to Jazz to do my nails.
        Jazz pays that $100 to Hamloc to pick out the colors for the renovations to his Yoga studio.
        Hamloc pays that $100 to Austrian Economics for a perm and color.
        AE pays $100 to ajl for a leg wax.
        ajl hires Wilton Ranch to polish his Dodge Neon for $100
        Wilton hires Burnt to hem his new dress for $100
        burnt pays shtfrbrains $100 to babysit his kids
        Who pays blackpowder $100 to choose curtains for his powder room.
        Who spends it at Walmart on Chinese junk.

We have just added $1000 to GDP, without creating or value adding, or exporting or extracting anything, in the end it was a transfer to a foriegn country, and every step of the way there was leakage.

GDP is completely meaningless.
        An effective, unforgettable illustration, indeed!

But spelling can make or break the message - I said I sow, not sew.

But it's a great thread and your artistic abilities got me in stitches.

Now - my mother was a tailor, sewed my new blue jeans...

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
          An effective, unforgettable illustration, indeed!

But spelling can make or break the message - I said I sow, not sew.

But it's a great thread and your artistic abilities got me in stitches.

Now - my mother was a tailor, sewed my new blue jeans...
          Moms always come through.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            GDP explained.
            I collect $100 of CERB from the government for not doing or creating anything.
            I pay that $100 to Jazz to do my nails.
            Jazz pays that $100 to Hamloc to pick out the colors for the renovations to his Yoga studio.
            Hamloc pays that $100 to Austrian Economics for a perm and color.
            AE pays $100 to ajl for a leg wax.
            ajl hires Wilton Ranch to polish his Dodge Neon for $100
            Wilton hires Burnt to hem his new dress for $100
            burnt pays shtfrbrains $100 to babysit his kids
            Who pays blackpowder $100 to choose curtains for his powder room.
            Who spends it at Walmart on Chinese junk.

We have just added $1000 to GDP, without creating or value adding, or exporting or extracting anything, in the end it was a transfer to a foriegn country, and every step of the way there was leakage.

GDP is completely meaningless.
            In Justin Trudeau’s world of the woke you have just described his idealized economy of the future, one he wants every Canadian to aspire to!!!

Comment

But Hamloc, you got Jason Kenney who put $1.5 billion into Keystone and came up with a big fat zero. Was that a good investment? LOL

Kenney needed somebody to notice that Biden was planning on canceling keystone if elected. All the Alberta Republicans must have thought Trump could never lose.

Kenney, bad at politics and bad at managing a boom and bust provincial economy overly dependent on oil. If only they had listened to Peter Lougheed.

Comment

My wife laughed and said we need to get out more. Most of the things on that list you can't get for a $100 and when this pandemic started those where the first jobs shut down. Funny long distances don,t seem to stop China from making money on the crap they sell us. I thought it was the same distance both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                  But Hamloc, you got Jason Kenney who put $1.5 billion into Keystone and came up with a big fat zero. Was that a good investment? LOL.
                  chuck ever heard of Muskrat falls?

The pay per post rate must have went up.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    chuck ever heard of Muskrat falls?

The pay per post rate must have went up.
                    And the positive reinforcement of his good behaviour in the Qualifications in the Ag sector thread seems to have backfired spectacularly. He seems to have doubled down on the opposite behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                      My wife laughed and said we need to get out more. Most of the things on that list you can't get for a $100 and when this pandemic started those where the first jobs shut down. Funny long distances don,t seem to stop China from making money on the crap they sell us. I thought it was the same distance both ways.
                      Yer darn tootin' on the hundred dollar figure!

Cuz anybody that would know our situation would likely demand at least a hundred times a hundred to babysit my kids (and their kids with them)!

It would make jazz's nail job for a hundred bucks seem like fun!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...