• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

high input farmers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Chucks comin diving with me in Honduras *
    Would love to go , I will drive the boat 😂

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
      Went to the barrier reef when I was younger, something you never forget. Want to take my kids but getting into Australia and back into Canada is a nightmare, hence the sailboat idea. I’ve heard the Roatan is amazing.

I will say I’m concerned our youth won’t have the same opportunities to explore this beautiful planet.
      Not to be a negative Nellie, but this has been the only generation or two maybe really that has ever had the travel the world opportunity in the history of this world. We’re a pretty unique generation overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
        Not to be a negative Nellie, but this has been the only generation or two maybe really that has ever had the travel the world opportunity in the history of this world. We’re a pretty unique generation overall.
        Could be but when you go to Banff in summer or Disney in winter you realize we are not nearly as privileged as people think.
        People from all over the world have been travelling for decades and even more so now .
        I was amazed the past few days how many out of country travellers were there even with some covid restrictions still in place . From all over the world .... except the US lol 🤷*♂️

Comment

I’m a homebody and a big trip is Calgary, Banff, BC. Though with how dry and gross it’s been I would go run a combine in South America or Australia. I hate water and sitting around long.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Would love to go , I will drive the boat 😂
            Sign me up too……….. I’ll drink the beer🍻

Comment

If I hire the TV crew, can I get the rights to the reality show that will result from you two being confined to the same boat?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                If I hire the TV crew, can I get the rights to the reality show that will result from you two being confined to the same boat?
                Lol. Like dude, that made me laugh right out loud. So loud, the turkeys gobbled outside, Forty yards away.

Thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  Lol. Like dude, that made me laugh right out loud. So loud, the turkeys gobbled outside, Forty yards away.

Thanks for that!
                  Would need to sign a waiver absolving me from responsibility if there is an "accidental" drowning.
                  Because inevitably, there will be scene where someone says "if you end one more sentence by saying LOL,..."
                  Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 28, 2021, 19:06.

Comment

Seriously , it’s Too bad everyone cant witness the beauty of the second largest reef in the world
                    I bet Chuck would be impressed
                    The problem with going to Roatan is , if you like the water , you don’t wanna go anywhere else

Comment

Huatulco nov , Pv Jan
                      Honduras mar
                      You just have to cut back on a few canola bags and all your trips are paid for. Just reduce seeding rate a touch. I have heard enough buy buy buy from the retailers years ago. That’s how I have been paying for our winter trips.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        “Living With The Enemy”, “Political Blind Date”, “Chuck and Caseih”. Sounds like a bingeworthy program. As long as it doesn’t go the way of “Tiger King” we can be civil.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                          Looks good but his expectations are different than most. No debt, swing wrenches and no worries.

Doesnt f around with canola just lentils, wheat, chem fallow. Guy must have a net return that would make most blush.
                          Ha - thanks for the comments, Jazz. Don't let the BS get too deep though! Here's a picture I took tonight of my disker-seeded lentils. Only the second year I've grown them, and can't believe how they hang on in the drought and heat. They're starting to turn, lots of pods, some with two seeds in them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lentils July 28 2021 a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	771335

Comment

My Grandfather used discers to seed for years in our sandy soils, they seemed to do the job for them.
                            I really don’t notice to much difference between the high input guys around here and the low input guys. Mother Nature decides at the end of the day. One thing low input guys also probably also insure at a lower amount than a high input guy or not at all so I’m not sure there will be any winners or losers out of this drought.

Comment

Is that kinda like saying I should take the ex wife fishing?

Comment

Do dead grasshoppers add fertility to the soil?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...